www.joovuu-x.com

Got a few pages to add still but here's the new website...

Flawlessly reliable? I associate such a claim with products that have been on sale for years, & judged by their owners.

Declaring a device that's not yet on sale to be flawlessly reliable is asking for trouble...

image.jpg

Flawlessly reliable? I associate such a claim with products that have been on sale for years, & judged by their owners.

Declaring a device that's not yet on sale to be flawlessly reliable is asking for trouble...

View attachment 16009

I'd agree. I'll get this changed. However, not yet as I have to be up at 2am tomorrow so I wouldn't mind a few hours of kip.

Cheers,

Dan

PS
Any claims we do not think we can back-up we will remove but as the product is nearing it's launch we figure a website is probably needed.

Or can be the confidence speaking which is a good thing. ;)

Got a few pages to add still but here's the new website. Shop and price to be released next week.

www.joovuu-x.com

Cheers,

Dan

bit of a grammatical error on your why buy page you might want to look at

THE APP ALLOWS YOU TO DO CHANGE THE CAMERA ON THE GO SEAMLESSLY AND EASILY.

+1. Very pro looking.

May I suggest fewer scripts tho? No-Script is cumbersome when on a site that uses lots of scripts.

Personally, I almost never enable google-based scripts and never enable twitter, facebook and some others. I perceive these orgs to be "bad-guys".

Cheers @jokiin i'll get it tidied up tomorrow - just away from a computer at the moment.

@JimM we're not running that large amount of scripts. Could be the integrations through contact forms? We have google analytics enabled but apart from that nothing else from google, and no integration except hyper links to twitter, youtube, and facebook? Drop me a PM about whats slowing it down and we'll take a closer look.

The website is designed to be as sleek and simple as possible, providing all the information you need in an easy way. We originally had a very photograph intensive website which whilst looked great just became toooo complicated etc so i decided to go the other way.

There are a few pages that needed to be added still and the shop will be launching shortly as well.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers @jokiin i'll get it tidied up tomorrow - just away from a computer at the moment.

@JimM we're not running that large amount of scripts. Could be the integrations through contact forms? We have google analytics enabled but apart from that nothing else from google, and no integration except hyper links to twitter, youtube, and facebook? Drop me a PM about whats slowing it down and we'll take a closer look.

The website is designed to be as sleek and simple as possible, providing all the information you need in an easy way. We originally had a very photograph intensive website which whilst looked great just became toooo complicated etc so i decided to go the other way.

There are a few pages that needed to be added still and the shop will be launching shortly as well.

Cheers,

Dan
Nice job :)

A very nice site overall. No problem with any of the interfaces. And I like the auto-redirect for the old forums but some may prefer that to open in another window or tab instead. One possible omission might be the lack of other interfaces; I'll be going to Linux soon enough but no software is listed for that OS. If the Windows or Mac app is compatible with Linux it should be mentioned. I don't do "smartphone" so all I can say there is I hope you've covered apps for all the popular models.

Though I agree with you regards pics, I feel that most of today's shoppers expect to see at least pics of the item from every angle, close-ups of the controls, and at least a few pics of the item in actual use such as mounted in various cars. Also good to have a universal visual size comparison; most use a credit-card for things this size (fake card of course) because that is the same size everywhere in all languages and nations. And being a car item, having a set of car keys somewhere in the pics would help make the subliminal connection for it's intended use. Backgrounds can make pics more visually appealing too; looks kind of stark as it is now. Pics are important to marketing these days.

I would change the wording toward the end of Philosophy>Flawlessly Reliable from: "we know some camera’s will not work" to something less forthright but equally honest like: "sometimes even the best efforts aren't enough and problems occur". Makes it sound nicer, that's all- you don't want to encourage any negative thoughts regarding the cam but rather focus on the positive aspect of your customer support instead.

I'm signed up for the opening sale and looking forward to having this cam. Rarely do I feel so much enthusiasm about a new product as I do with this cam and I am certain it will do well for you and it's buyers.

Phil

I'll be going to Linux soon

Is there any specific version Joovuu should look at, and how many user do you think there are?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg

Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg

Is there any specific version Joovuu should look at, and how many user do you think there are?

Distrowatch.com tracks the common Linux distros. On the right-hand of the website, about a single page-down, is a page-hit ranking.

Mint Linux has been a fairly consistent pack leader for a while. Mint is based on Ubuntu and ultimately ..... Debian.

Making a .deb (debian) package will cover a fairly good chunk of the market. Building a generic "tarball" with all needed open-source static libs included would capture just about all distros. I think.

Last edited:
Hello @SawMaster
Thank you very much for your support and feedback - we're implementing a lot of this now. The forums URL should have been changed and that was sloppy by us. We did have pictures but I removed them - odd I know, but because we're getting the final case later this week and then I'll add a gallery. This should be up later this week or early next. We'll be tweaking the language on some pages as well as in retrospect we have been very bold...maybe too bold.

Just as a general thing:
For linux we're still working on a way to build a web based camera configuration utility until we can get native programs for each platform - mac and linux.

At the moment we have the iOS and Android app being worked on, we're already starting the development for windows phone and the PC program will be ready definitely before launch. We've started the initial work for a Mac program but we're already running into some substantial problems so this could be considerably slower for development - linux is in the very early planning stages. It's more about money at the moment than anything else and if anyone would like to help contribute for a free camera you are more than welcome to haha.

Cheers,

Dan

@Andy_S is a very safe bet mate as he did the Python app for the Xioami Yi which works cross platform - if you've not already had a word he may be interested in helping out?

@Andy_S is a very safe bet mate as he did the Python app for the Xioami Yi which works cross platform - if you've not already had a word he may be interested in helping out?

For linux we may well use him. Personally not a fan of Python with just how cumbersome it is and that it's threading functions are well virtually none existent but I'll look into. Thank you!

I've been offline for a while and dropped in to see what has happened the last few months.
I'm now in nail-biting mode - awaiting prices.

We have finalized the price (finally) but are awaiting the latest cases to photograph and put on the website. Once this is done the prices will be released. Should be around Monday/Tuesday.

We are going to start opening this up for reselling once we have a few more things sorted. However, we have one reseller in Germany who will receive the JooVuu X's virtually at the same time as us.

Cheers,

Dan

I may not be the smartest person alive so I'll ask the question even if it seems stupid- Once you post the price will we be able to order?

If my afternoon appointment with my accountant does not leave me broke today I'm ready to buy. If things go bad for me today I'll have to wait another week so I hope things go well!
Phil

you will be able to preorder Phil, i dont think these babies are in production yet.
Hopefully these can be a nice DIY xmas present to some ppl, or maybe for those lucky ones that have a loved one that can get it for you.

Offcourse i might be wrong :) i have no idea how things are moving on at a higher level, but things are shaping up for sure in regard to the APP and firmware devlopment.

Okay it is not all the time and in all regards my preproduction sample will play ball, but leaving out those gremlings in my sample things are looking good :cool:

OK then, it looks like I will be able to swing this. Once again my accountant has done me well and there's enough left for the Cam this week. In my business you kind of live on the edge with taxes- one small change in a rule can leave you scrambling for cash when you thought you were OK. Now let's get back to life with less worries :)

Phil

Back