www.joovuu-x.com

Geeze, read like 4 blog posts, I'm already tired and feeling guilty of taking up your time... :)
I work for a startup which is trying to bring its product to market, so some of the things you wrote about I have seen happen in my office and the hectic nature is very similar.
But I suppose it's why we love it so much, we get to make a difference to the best of our abilities, beats drone working and sitting on a couch.

PS
I'm/JooVuu X is not dead - I'm currently have a 3 days break but still working hard behind the scenes. Everything is now in the final stages so getting all the niggly bits sorted. Also got a few announcements to make over the coming days.

Question #1: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=mode-settings
Time Lapse Video Mode - does it perform time lapse in addition to video recording simultaneously or is it one or the other?

Question #2:
If I have 2 Joovuu X cameras installed, am I correct in assuming that the way the wireless control operates is that I can only control and be connected to 1 dashcam at a time, like GoPro? I will have to name each dashcam's wifi spot differently to be able to figure out which cam I'm connecting to, or does pushing the wireless button activate the wifi? Is wifi always on or does it need to be activated with a button? How long will wifi stay on?

Question #3:
How do you activate the timelapse video, through video record or through photo record?

Bug #1: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=mode-settings
Display Speed - info box does not show up and button is not clickable, just an FYI, it's superficial and self-explanatory but just a tiny bug.

Bug #2: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=main-settings
Standby Time - missing information on what this option does, no, it is not obvious to some

Bug #3: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=main-settings
Power-off Disconnect - missing information on what this option does

Bug #4: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=main-settings
Show connection Logs - the "C" in "connection" should be capitalized to match the existing style of the menu

Bug #5: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=live-stream
Information Overlay
"By selecting this box information will be overlaid your stream, providing you instant up-to-date information about the settings you have enabled and selected."
should perhaps be
"By selecting this box, settings will be overlaid on top of your stream, providing you instant up-to-date information about the settings you have enabled and selected."

Request #1: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=main-settings
Artificial Light Frequency - even though it sounds like a debug or beta feature, please explain what it does anyway

Request #2: site wide
Are you sure you want you submenus, the drop down menus at the top of the site to have white background? It doesn't look very good, white against white, I won't go in depth on why it's so bad the way it is right now, but it really does look unprofessional.

Compliment #1: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=main-settings
Show connection Logs - it's a smart thing to add to your product, depending on how interpretable the debug log is it might help knowledgeable people to help you identify firmware and operational bugs and improve your support

Compliment #2: in https://www.joovuu-x.com/?da_image=main-settings
Timed Mode - that might be an excellent feature for the reasons you mentioned, however in the future, please consider strongly to implement and make use of automatic light sensitivity switching to improve low light condition recording (though depending on how well this mode is recieved, I'd keep this mode as an available on/off option if your next or current product ever becomes available with the automatic light sensitivity mode)

Hi @kandrey89

I've answered everything below. If you have any more questions just holla!

1) It’s one or the other – at the same time I have no idea if it is possible – I would guess probably yes but not sure – I’ve honestly never researched doing it at the same time but I’ll ask the firmware team and see what they say.

2) I’m going to break this into sub-sections just to make it easier to follow J

a. Only 1 can be controlled at a time. This is due to a whole raft of reasons (probably actually close to a boat load).

b. The WiFi name will always be JooVuuX due to SSID problems that we are currently fixing. However, we should have something implemented soon that allows you to identify different cameras in the app – this may be implemented once the cameras have been released but should be along pretty soon after.

c. Pushing the WiFi button activates the WiFi. This is the ONLY way to turn the WiFi on currently – the WiFi stays on until two minutes after the last command has been sent.

d. We are toying with the idea of having a setting that allows the WiFi to turn on automatically when you start the car engine but I’m still not sure about that yet so may wait for more user feedback.

3) Through either Mode 1 or Mode 2 screen. It replaces actual video.

Bugs

1) Whoops – I’ll get that changed today

2) That’s fair – I’ll clarify today

3) Not missing for me but one of my friends experienced a similar problem – it might have to do with some code so I’ll go over everything and make sure it’s working.

4) This has actually been updated haha I just haven’t updated the latest pictures. I’ll replace today.

5) I think your way is better – so do you mind if I use that?

Requests:

1- This feature we may remove for launch as at the moment no one uses it and only a very select few people will.

2- I’m not sure I follow – do you mean before they are selected? As once selected they turn to JooVuu Red (as my friends have come to label it)?

Compliments

1) Connection logs will provide us with a lot of information – they essentially allow for pretty accurate debugging. We also have a ‘send report’ feature that sends us information about the phone (android version, make, RAM, CPU, graphics, WiFi etc and NO identifying information at all). When the connection logs and report information are combined we can narrow down virtually to the line of code what is going wrong. This has allowed us to solve a lot of bugs very quickly as I’m sure the testers will attest to.

2) Originally our camera was going to have a passive light sensor and a laser. The laser would be able to monitor the distance for the car in front of you and give you warnings based on your speed. This was so accurate it was actually scary – but unfortunately, we could not implement it through the Ambarella SDK (we built a very basic prototype outside of the Ambarella SDK to show proof that it worked). The passive light sensor would work very similar to how you described but with a few minor differences (not disclosing as we still have plans for this in our next camera). The problem also with fitting a laser/passive light sensor, is space. The light sensor takes up virtually no power, but the laser takes up quite a bit. It’s just a balancing game.

Cheers,

Dan

5) I think your way is better – so do you mind if I use that?
Yes, that's why I wrote it out.

1- This feature we may remove for launch as at the moment no one uses it and only a very select few people will.
OK, can you explain it to us here then? I'm not sure what it does.

2- I’m not sure I follow – do you mean before they are selected? As once selected they turn to JooVuu Red (as my friends have come to label it)?
Yes, before they are selected/hover over. When you hover over the main menu, the submenu pops up but with a white background and white buttons with color text, this is bad. Then you hover over the submenu button and it turns red, that is OK.

Everything else sounds good.
Thanks

Oh yeah, from the other thread someone mentioned and I think it should go here.

Can you post FoV for each resolution mode? It would also help if it's actually visible on the buttons in the app, when you are choosing resolution.
It's one of the things I didn't like about the gopro, you can choose different resolutions but you don't know which FoV you're using.

You cant go wrong with lasers :cool:

Unbless offcourse you are one of those dumbasses pointing them at airplanes landing, and giggeling "loool cool dude pilots be like wtf happening dude"

If forward laser is IR, be sure it can not function as a lidar jammer, cops here dont take kindly to beeing jammed :D

I think cop laser guns is in the 900 - 1000 Nm range and about same range in Hz for mesuring.

Been contemplating a laser jammer for a while, but fine for using one is equal to be dooing +100 % overspeed and then some.

"Yes, we’ve started work on an action camera."

Now, that's what I wanted to hear :) Good luck Dan.

Joovuu please describe in detail how the parking mode is going to work on your website, perhaps in allfeatures in one of the icons.
Specifically, how long the record will be on, is it going to vary based on what triggered it like g-sensor, motion, does it change with chosen clip length, what's the pre-buffer footage length.
Tired of guessing what it is on my Panorama X2, also it's inconsistent, records 5 minutes in the front and variable amount of time in the rear during parked mode, while both clip lengths are set to 5 mins.

Joovuu please describe in detail how the parking mode is going to work on your website, perhaps in allfeatures in one of the icons.
Specifically, how long the record will be on, is it going to vary based on what triggered it like g-sensor, motion, does it change with chosen clip length, what's the pre-buffer footage length.
Tired of guessing what it is on my Panorama X2, also it's inconsistent, records 5 minutes in the front and variable amount of time in the rear during parked mode, while both clip lengths are set to 5 mins.

We're working on this part a bit longer now as we could not get the results we wanted so it will not be ready for the initial release. As such it may change slightly. I'll be editing the features today to reflect this.

Cheers,

Dan

Figured you had a lot of things going on at the moment Dan, so i have been doing my best to not get in the way.
Not much to rapport from here, changed from HDR to regular 1080 as my main resolution. will try to get some more footage in shortly.

Would love to use the higher resolutions too, but youtube just change it to 1080 for me, and thats no good.

Back