Wyze cam

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
I just got one of these for home security and noticed there's no specific thread on them although there are several mentions elsewhere. I was able to set mine up with a cheap tablet which uses a crappy version of Android 7. I've had problems using that device with other cams, so kudos to Wyze for the app that should work for everyone. I can't imagine a better cam for the US$27 I spent.

I don't recall seeing anything on the cards used with these though- like so many others they list 32GB as maximum but I'm wondering who might have tried something bigger? To begin with mine is going to be on loan so I need it to work flawlessly before I hand it off.

Phil

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
I have 2 Wyze cams - 1 PanCam and 1 standard V2. Really can't beat them for the price.

I've been meaning to do a review but too many other things are getting in the way and that will have to wait for a couple more weeks.

The app has a few shortcomings but for $20 + shipping I didn't expect a lot and it is functional.

Haven't tried (or needed) any card larger than the 32GB recommended but I seem to recall reading some user comments that 64GB cards work.

Last edited:
OP
S

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, N2 Pro, K2S, B2W, (ex Mobius)
I discovered their 'official' forum since I posted, and in a brief overview I found people using 128GB cards successfully but like many dashcams, they need to be in FAT32 format. They share many of the same techniques, issues, and solutions with dash and action cams which makes them more understandable to me :) It seems the "pan" version has some troubles all it's own but the standard cam does great things for the price (y) I'm definitely going to get more unless this one turns out to be a dud.

Phil

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
... It seems the "pan" version has some troubles all it's own...
Yeah, the 'pan cam' had an issue with a single F/W update that caused issues with motion detection and related functions. I experienced it myself. It took a few days to get resolved but it's been rock solid since then. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it based on my experience. Lot of added capability for an additional $10.

It's literally twice the size of the standard camera - necessary to house the motor unit(s?) - which puts some limitations on mounting locations and methods.

I would have mentioned the Wyze user forum but just assumed you already knew about it. Don't know what made me think that - maybe a 'senior moment'. :banghead:

Bungus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
2 x Mobius, A, C2. 1 x Toguard CE685
Thanks for starting this thread. Have been following it on Facebook. Seems lots of positive feedback.