X10HD - 2in1 cameras with external rear lens, anyone?

piccolo

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anybody used X10HD or similar camera with a detachable second lens (eg for rear view):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-lens-120 ... 3ccace1cf1

I am considering buying one. Should I? :)

Other option is to put CR-500HD in front and back but then I would be afraid to leave the car on the street at night.

Best regards,
Piccolo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Piccolo,

I haven't seen any reviews of the X10HD even though it is for sale in many places. If you do purchase it, I would suggest not purchasing from the eBay link you provided. They have posted internal pictures of the GS5000 camera.

gl_merchantrunglobal_com_ImageHosting_ViewImage_aspx_295c55c6436f1439e8853171050c7b09._.jpg

gl_merchantrunglobal_com_ImageHosting_ViewImage_aspx_fada1451356170f74196be6fabad8924._.jpg

The reality is, this camera shoots at 720p so it is not using an Ambarella A2S processor (used in the GS1000, GS2000 and GS5000) as pictured above. The picture above shows a GPS sensor, but this camera does not come with one. Also the price appears to be very high. You can find this camera on Aliexpress for $80 to $90. ePrance on Aliexpress is a reputable dash cam vendor and would be a better place to purchase from. However note that no one on Aliexpress has sold more than 1 unit of this item in the last 6 months.

If you are looking for a dual camera, you would be better off considering the f70 / i1000. This camera has some reviews and you will have some idea on what you are getting.

Dash Cam Man

Thank you for your reply. I came to a similar conclusion as in one picture there is AV-in and in the next AV-out in the same spot. :)

While looking through a 100 different cameras, I made my choice towards a couple ITB-100HD (You said somewhere that Koreans had less fakes around). Not that expensive, seem reliable and pretty covert. I don't need a screen as a distraction. I want to mount the cameras and then forget they exist (could be tricky with the wiring).

I wonder why some manufacturers decide that chrome or pink is a good color for a car dash camera, lol.

Attachments

• covert_ITB-100HD.jpg
    covert_ITB-100HD.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 829
piccolo said:
Thank you for your reply. I came to a similar conclusion as in one picture there is AV-in and in the next AV-out in the same spot. :)

While looking through a 100 different cameras, I made my choice towards a couple ITB-100HD (You said somewhere that Koreans had less fakes around). Not that expensive, seem reliable and pretty covert. I don't need a screen as a distraction. I want to mount the cameras and then forget they exist (could be tricky with the wiring).

I wonder why some manufacturers decide that chrome or pink is a good color for a car dash camera, lol.

Hi piccolo,

I have yet to see a good fake of a Korean camera. The Chinese dash cam market is full of fakes so you need to be careful when purchasing but there are reputable vendors out there. The ITB-100HD appears to be the best value for a high quality camera right now.

I agree with the you on colors! I personally think a dash cam should be black. Much less noticeable from outside the car.

Dash Cam Man

piccolo said:
Hi,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-lens-120 ... 3ccace1cf1
I am considering buying one. Should I? :)
Other option is to put CR-500HD in front and back but then I would be afraid to leave the car on the street at night.
Totally Agree. Or wait for Garmin's GDR-35D
I would not expect any good at all from a thing which costs less then $120

Back