X2PRO vs DCPRO to replace GC

Deacon

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m sure at some point a lot of the dust will settle and we won’t have so many sub-versions of the same products with ever longer and more elaborate names. And I’m excited to see what comes from the new DR offering. But for the moment I’m considering moving my SG9665GC to a secondary vehicle and getting a dual channel setup in my primary. I was already an early adopter of the SGGCX2PRO for the woman’s car.

It seems like the SGGCX2PRO is a little more expensive, with a smaller screen and no WiFi, when compared to the SG9663DCPRO. But otherwise they’re essentially the same, and apparently the X2 has the same overall form factor as the GC, so it can drop right into place of the GC, with the only additional task being running the cable to the rear camera, while the DC would require a new windshield mount and possibly different placement due to having the plugs on the side.

Is there anything I have wrong or am missing? There doesn’t appear to be any app from Street Guardian in the Apple App Store, so I’m not sure what use the DC’s WiFi would have, though I seem to recall seeing that something was in the works for the future.

Maybe I’m better off biding my time and patiently waiting for the DR, which will have what appears to be a marginally more complex install but otherwise stealthier cameras and presumably WiFi as well? I’d be adding the smart hardwire anyway, so no extra work there.

It seems like the SGGCX2PRO is a little more expensive, with a smaller screen and no WiFi, when compared to the SG9663DCPRO. But otherwise they’re essentially the same, and apparently the X2 has the same overall form factor as the GC, so it can drop right into place of the GC, with the only additional task being running the cable to the rear camera, while the DC would require a new windshield mount and possibly different placement due to having the plugs on the side.
X2PRO is the cheaper of the two, @Street Guardian USA has a deal on at the moment for X2PRO with a free 323 rear camera if you want to keep the budget in check

Free SGR323CAM with purchase of any SGGCX2PRO (limited quantities remaining)

Sorry I was just going Amazon pricing, which currently has the DCPRO at $10 less than the X2PRO and rear camera. Downside of the 323 rear cam for me is that my rear windows/windshields on all my vehicles are very darkly tinted (minimum 20% on top of factory). How well does the 323 handle that scenario compared to the 291? Free is always tempting, but I don’t consider these “temporary” installs and want to ensure long term satisfaction with performance. I’d hate for night vids to just be two floating white circles representing other cars (headlights).

And its out of here.......................................................................................................

@Deacon, you've been a loyal Street Guardian customer for awhile now. How's this, go ahead and check out with the coupon and I'll send you the 291 instead of the 323. (special for you as a repeat customer)
Dammit, I’ve been trying to be responsible with tightening my belt and just planning for future cam purchases, but this sounds like an offer I can’t refuse. That sounds great! I’ll place the order this weekend when I get a free moment.

Ignoring price and assuming the rear camera is the same, is there any advantage to the DCPRO vs X2PRO or vice versa? What does the wifi in the DCPRO buy me? What does the X2PRO offer that the DCPRO does not?

This is for a new installation where parking features are of primary importance.

Thanks!

X2PRO is smaller and cables come out the top. It comes single channel and you add the optional SGR291CAM to make it dual.

DCPRO cables come out the side, WiFi lets you view videos via smart phone if needed. Larger screen. It comes dual channel.

Video quality is the same, same rear camera

It sounds like Wifi is the determining factor then, really.

Is there a gallery of installs somewhere that we can view? Or maybe a photo of the X2 and DC side-by-side for easy comparison?

Many thanks!

I have a DCPRO to the left of my mirror and X2PRO on the right. It’s slightly a non typical install so I have easy access to the memory card. 2015 Ford Explorer Sport.

e12df3fb3dfce3e2eb10582478429faa.jpg
6276e7d82ae8ec19a8ad0472c108ff7e.jpg

28c8d3c47556ebd2a6daec763371f589.jpg

Now thats a head 2 head compare shot, either camera are not plagued by excess size.

Back