Xiao Yi - Bootlooping

Wita Aldian

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Dash Cam
Yi
Hi guys, i have problem with my yi camera, the problem is make my camera like have a Bootlooping.

Here is the video :

The first problem is my camera is bricked, and i use a method from @cruz by using ELF files, its work fine,
but next day, my camera start looping like in the video,

i try to use the same method, i mean fix it by ELF files its not working, its just like my camera have a saving system and keep the camera loopinh although i instal the ELF files.

i try manual update firmware in official sites, nothing happen,

i try update by script, its show progress.txt with 100% in the end, but its still make my camera looping again

i have an idea like @reverend method, using a 1.0.0 firmware, but i cant found 1.0.0 firmware for my 22L camera, so i just use 1.1.0 firmware from @Andy_S mirror sites, i try to downgrade my camera with 1.1.0 and script.

its work, its make me happy cause its make my camera stop looping. its turn on normally and i can turn on my WIFI.

BUT, this is the new problem, my camera system always showing "System is Busy" and make my camera preview just blank, not view any pic from lens.

Screenshot_2016-01-05-22-21-17.jpg

So i thinking to update the firmware from my phone, and i download it officialy the new firmware from Yi APP.

Screenshot_2016-01-05-22-21-37.jpg

So i update it and wait until it finish, after 100% upload firmware to camera (micro SD), nothing happen to my camera, there is no beeping sound like updateting, so i just turn off my camera by pressing power button and take the Micro SD ti computer and see what is it there.

and i found the firmware and only got DCIM folder, there is no MISC folder

so i try to update it by script again to get newest firmware maybe it can make my camera better, but after its got progress.txt with 100% notice, my camera just looping again like before.

It just like my camera ignore a 1.2.0 version firmware, its never looping when i downgrade it to 1.1.0 version. its really make me crazy.

So do u guys have any solution for my problem, i hope u can help me. I really love my Yi Camera before.

please help me @cruz , @reverend , @Andy_S , @Fried

Last edited:
Hi.

Very strange case. I propose next solutions:
1) Try to use another microSD card or format it to correct file system.
2) Reset to working firmware. Connect to camera using telnet and read some system logs to find a problem.

Hi.

2) Reset to working firmware. Connect to camera using telnet and read some system logs to find a problem.

Thanks @cruz for reply this thread.
i'll try the first one, cause i never try to use any other micro SD,
i usually format my micro sd using windows formating, select the FAT32 and allocation 32kb.

about the second solution, i'm not really understand about that one, maybe u can give me more detail after i try the first solution.

thanks @cruz

Hi.

Hi @cruz
i try using another micro sd, 16 gb sandisk class 10

i try to instal the ELF files first,
and after that i insert the micro sd, its still looping.

confuse now, what should i do?
am i should try to update it with script in the new micro sd?

Hi.

I think the first solution its not working, can u tell me more detail about second solution?

I have the exact same problem..... Stuck at bootloop just like the video.

After ELF download, I tried to update manually with firmware v1.1.0 and I get the EXACT same result als @Wita Aldian. Also the "system is busy" message.

No app preview and I just can't do anything with it. Can you help us? @cruz @reverend @Fried @Andy_S

I already contacted Xiaomi support but didn't get an answer yet. Thanks in advance.

One more thing. I managed to connect via telnet but @cruz, do you know which command I need to enter to get the system logs?

One more thing. I managed to connect via telnet but @cruz, do you know which command I need to enter to get the system logs?

hi John, sorry forget to update this post, cause i just think nobody care about this problem, i have message Cruz via private conversation and i already check the problem via telnet, after i send my result to him, he said that nothings bad in camera system, and maybe its because an hardware issue, but i dont think so cause i see many people here have the same problem like this, so theres no way why we got hardware issue.

I send the support email too, but they not confirmation yet about the problem maybe they must check first about our problem, so now i just leave my camera and wait the confirmation.

Maybe we must wait for the next firmware, and try to update it manually.

the same problem i tried elf file i did everything right but when yisportcam app finished it's job (it says done!) cam closed and i push power on its first count and then it close again then i power it on again it comes to starting point with bip bip bip bip making me crayz sound
is anybody find a solution ?

Any updates? I have the same exact issue. Thank you for posting this

Hello Wita. I got it working! So I saw another post where someone mentioned they did the Cruz method. I went ahead and did it but after it reset I got the beeping again but this time I left the camera on for about an hour and it started working again.

Hello Wita. I got it working! So I saw another post where someone mentioned they did the Cruz method. I went ahead and did it but after it reset I got the beeping again but this time I left the camera on for about an hour and it started working again.

sorry i'm offline for long, cause tired to do something with this cam, i just let it now.

thats good to hear your cam work again, can u told me how you do that?

Same problem here, it started when i recorded normally after 2 months perfectly, and from a second begin to loop, i hope anyone got the solution please

Last edited:
Same problem here, it started when i recorded normally after 2 months perfectly, and from a second begin to loop, i hope anyone got the solution please

Hi Macca are u still stuck with this problem?
If yes, same as me.

And by the way i have some update, can u check your folders MISC and DCIM in your microSD?
I just found that my folders date modified is in 2008, its weird cause now we're in 2016

image.png

please check it, if your folder in that date too, maybe its can be the problem why our camera is looping.

Last edited:
If yes, same as me.

And by the way i have some update, can u check your folders MISC and DCIM in your microSD?
I just found that my folders date modified is in 2008, its weird cause now we're in 2016

image.png

please check it, it your folder in that date too, maybe its can be the problem why our camera is looping.

Hi Wita, the problem still, checking the nvd.bin archives are modified 03/01/2008, ignore if the problem would make this

If yes, same as me.

image.png

please check it, if your folder in that date too, maybe its can be the problem why our camera is looping.
Hello, Can you let me know your firmware version and APP version that you are using? Please help do the other test, without APP, please confirm if capture photo and vedio is well working(the photo and vedio is not dark)?

Hello,

i have the same problem.
App version 2.6.2
Firmware 1.1.0(downgraded from 1.2.13 -which is resulting bootloop)

Cam wont take Picture of video even it is not in bootloop. Cam wont connect to app : sistem is either busy or phone Times out to connect to cam.

Back