Xiaomi Action Cam...

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Xiaomi just announced an action cam for 399 yuan (~$65 USD), similar design to a SJCAM, has 1080p at 60fps recording, wifi, and a 16mp Sony Exmor R BSI sensor... Looks pretty promising. Wonder will it function as a dash cam though..? Can't read Chinese... Anyone want to go through the specs and feature? Lol

http://www.mi.com/yicamera/

Edit: link to pre-order from 3rd party for $20 USD more... And the list of spec and feature in English

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-pre-order-xiaomi-yi-sports-camera-6620.html

Last edited:
I might have to pick one of these up - Xiaomi have a good reputation and they're growing rapidly at the moment.

I'm guessing that's going to hit the SJ5000+ market very hard indeed though.

same processor (A7LS) as the SJ5000+ but with the Sony Exmor sensor, I think that's a hardware edge, see how they measure up with firmware though, they're ok but not great when it comes to the phones when it comes to getting the most out of them

Banggood also listed it for preorder -

Yeah, notice it was the same sensor as the SJ5000+ and looks decent for the price. Would be nice if they had black instead of only white and green as of launch right now.

Banggood cost $110...

Well.. 4k was always a rumor... But Xiaomi could release a 4k camera in the future, maybe in a half a year to a year or the "next version" would have 4k? Who knows...

I'm pretty tempted to order one, but want to use it as a dash cam mainly, but there's no mention of loop video recording and auto start/off yet.. Though it could be done through firmwares and there seems to be a big support on Xiaomi products

Some video action camera makers allso claim 4K, when all they can / could do in 4K was 15 FPS.

Well.. 4k was always a rumor... But Xiaomi could release a 4k camera in the future, maybe in a half a year to a year or the "next version" would have 4k? Who knows...

I'm pretty tempted to order one, but want to use it as a dash cam mainly, but there's no mention of loop video recording and auto start/off yet.. Though it could be done through firmwares and there seems to be a big support on Xiaomi products

It would also help if they came in black. :)

Yeah... Wish they did make it in black. Surprise they didn't give that option.

I think they're trying to stand out in a crowded action cam market with the weird green color. So far the dash cam option doesn't seem to be on their radar but that seems a bit odd in certain ways since a few firmware changes to provide dash cam capabilities would make the camera appealing to a wider market without much of an extra investment in the device except perhaps a mounting bracket.

Perhaps they will sell a camo sleeve for dashcam use, kinda like covers for the damm cellphones.

I would take any color as i would noot use it as a dashcam :D

Back