Xiaomi mijia Car DVR - Is it possible to change the UI language?

Badgericho

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,
I got the Xiaomi mijia Car DVR:

Everything is in chinese. Does anyone can share a procedue (if such exists) for changing the UI to English?

Thanks ahead.
20170317103203_78058.jpg

Probably not... This dashcam was never released outside of China as far as I know, therefore no international/english firmware.

For every MicroSD card that I try to insert, I get the error message that there is a need to use bigger then 8GB cards, but i'm using more then 8GB cards, what could be the issue, maybe I need to format the MicroSD card to a differnet format? I tried the build in format, did not helped.

For every MicroSD card that I try to insert, I get the error message that there is a need to use bigger then 8GB cards, but i'm using more then 8GB cards, what could be the issue, maybe I need to format the MicroSD card to a differnet format? I tried the build in format, did not helped.
Are you sure your cards are the size they claim? Many 'fake' cards on the market.

yes, 10 MicroSD cards, which were recognized successfully on other devices.

English firmware v1.0.13.En
Please use the Mi Dash Cam app to update your Mijia dashcam with 1.0.13.En which is in English and Chinese. Mi Home will update 1.0.13 which is in Chinese only.

Also, you can’t update using the Mi Dash Cam app after updated using the Mi Home app as it will detect that it is the latest firmware.

The only way is to manual flash update the firmware.

Download 1.0.13.En from my Dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/373k4i57tn6rwkl/1.0.13en.rar?dl=0

Unzip the file > copy the SD_CarDV.bin file to the microSD card root folder > insert to the Mijia dashcam > power on and wait for it to update > will auto reboot into English interface.

Please use the Mi Dash Cam app to update your Mijia dashcam with 1.0.13.En which is in English and Chinese. Mi Home will update 1.0.13 which is in Chinese only.

Also, you can’t update using the Mi Dash Cam app after updated using the Mi Home app as it will detect that it is the latest firmware.

Unzip the file > copy the SD_CarDV.bin file to the microSD card root folder > insert to the Mijia dashcam > power on and wait for it to update > will auto reboot into English interface.

I would like to know what benefit we would have from using the Mi Home app instead of the Mi Dashcam app when it comes to settings? Can we do more settings with Mi Home app?

When I try to connect the Mijia Dashcam with Mi Home app, it constantly tells me "time out" .... what do I do wrong?

To install new firmware (in English) I propose to install it through Mi Dash Cam app from Google Play. It worked very good in my case. Now I have English language in my Mijija!

To install new firmware (in English) I propose to install it through Mi Dash Cam app from Google Play. It worked very good in my case. Now I have English language in my Mijija!

Yes can update to english firmware this way if you haven't update to the latest firmware using the Mi Home.

hi Jeremy You are just awesome bro. I have no words to say THANK YOU to you brother. Your file SD_carDV.bin just worked like an angel. I just got mad while downloading your file and copy pasted in my sd card and Mijia dashcam just rebooted and I got ENGLISH LANGUAGE now. Thank you so much, brother... :)

Last edited:
Back