Xiaomi Mijia Dash Cam Unboxing

iDashcam

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Recently, Xiaomi MiJia Ecosystem released a a new Carcorder Dash Camera, this product uses a similar mini Compact System Camera design, not only equipped with Sony IMX323 image sensor, Mstar 1080P image processor chip, but also has a large aperture of F1.8 and 160 ° wide wide angle, it's a driving recorder "you can shoot clear license plate at night."

20170310_141918_000.jpg

20170310_141918_001.jpg

MIJIA product packaging are consistent white style, very simple and technical sense. Product packaging printed on the front of the product image, the back is the product-related information. Package contents incluided 1 x Xiaomi Mijia 1080P Car DVR, 1x static paste, 1x car charger line, 1x car head head, 1x high temperature resistant glue, 1x pry bar, 1x Bracket.

20170310_141918_002.jpg

20170310_141918_003.jpg

In the product design, the use of the whole body black style, positive printed MIJIA Logo, using Sony IMX323 image sensor, Mstar 1080p image processing chip, with F1.8 large aperture, 160 ° ultra wide angle.

20170310_141918_004.jpg

20170310_141918_005.jpg

20170310_141918_006.jpg

20170310_141918_007.jpg

Equipped with a 3.0-inch display with touch button operation, The bottom of the screen four white dots is four control buttons, in the control, will display the corresponding control rules for the four buttons.

20170310_141918_008.jpg

20170310_141918_009.jpg

In terms of installation, MIJIA Dash Camera and the previous Dash Camera design is different, most of them using sucker design, Xiaomi Car DVR using a combination of high temperature glue and static stickers. In addition, Mijia Carcorder Dash Camera is equipped with gravity sensor, keeps the video not covered in case of an emergency via emergency video recording mode.

20170310_141918_011.jpg

Xiaomi Mijia Carcorder Dash Camera also can be controlled via MiJia App, after connecting APP, you can quickly read the video files in the recorder, but also be able to download to their own mobile phone storage space. In the APP, you can also rename the device, group management, extinguishing time control, touch sensitivity adjustment, system time settings and so on.

20170310_141918_012.jpg

20170310_141918_013.jpg

The next thing to say is the night vision, as images shown above, the night vision is not bad, it can shooting clear the license plate, but must be accompanied by a lot of ancillary conditions can be, like vehicle distance, night lighting environment and so on.

Oriinal Post Xiaomi Mijia Carcorder Dash Camera Unboxing Review

thanks for the review mate, good stuff. looks like a fantastic product, but i am wondering is it possible to change any of the menu to the English language, or within the app for the phone?

Whats the technical specs on the footage ? Bitrate and so on.

So far this is not much of a review, its barely unboxing i would say, more if a new dashcam announcment with some media provided by factory.

We need some Spanish footage, and how the camera handles the recent heatwave down there on the Iberian peninsula.

Is it only a look like(copy) of Yi Dashcam?Give us some more specs,does it have a GPS,Parking mode,in what video resolution recording,focal lenght.....etc.US firmware,international edition with english and other world languages.Mijia looks nice on the first look,but that way of mounting on car windshield(to me),looks like there's gonna be many shake videos record if not fall off very quickly.

Is it only a look like(copy) of Yi Dashcam?Give us some more specs,does it have a GPS,Parking mode,in what video resolution recording,focal lenght.....etc.US firmware,international edition with english and other world languages.Mijia looks nice on the first look,but that way of mounting on car windshield(to me),looks like there's gonna be many shake videos record if not fall off very quickly.
Xiaomi take a month or two to release global ROMs for their phones for example, I'd say it would be at least the same case with this one too.

I am getting one in for review so will do my best to answer the questions on hand.

We need some Spanish footage, and how the camera handles the recent heatwave down there on the Iberian peninsula.
March's out-of-season "heat wave" only affected Portugal. Temps reached 30ºC. Ok, it was a bit high for March but I wouldn't call it a heat wave. ;)

Well the news here just said Iberian peninsula, and that is indeed a lot larger than the Jutland peninsula.
Lets hope things start to heat up soon, i am ready for some summer vibes.

Well the news here just said Iberian peninsula, (...)
I'm surprised, it's usually the Muricans that think we're a spanish province. I thought Danish news stations were a bit smarter than that.

No everyone here will jump over the fence where its lowest, at least that is what i have come to think after interacting with the people here for 3 decades.

And dont get me started on the level of Danish journalism.

But it was also just a little side information in the weather forcast, something like its continuing to be cold unlike the current heatwave on the Iberian peninsula.

Just picked up one of these myself so hopefully i can give a few impressions of it when it arrives. Have been trying to find the app but currently not having much luck does a QR code flash up on boot up?

Ahhh should of said been looking for the android version. Its just shipped so coukd be with me by the end if the week

Try to find that dashcam on Gearbest and read the product description,there is something about the app from the app store,maybe that text will help you.

Yeah tried searching mijia as it says on gearbest but it just comes up with mijia cycle app which is for their electric bike/scooter

So mine arrived today and have set it up in the car very easy to use once you get to grip with menu options. Only trouble i'm having is getting Mi Home to actually connect to the dashcam keep getting a timeout error

Edit solved the connection error I was tdying to use the US section of MiHome but you need to be in the mainland china locale for it to connect properly

Last edited:
So mine arrived today and have set it up in the car very easy to use once you get to grip with menu options. Only trouble i'm having is getting Mi Home to actually connect to the dashcam keep getting a timeout error

Edit solved the connection error I was tdying to use the US section of MiHome but you need to be in the mainland china locale for it to connect properly
its been a bit of a nightmare for me too setting it up with WiFi, and took about thirty goes before it actually held on long enough to update the firmware of the camera itself. will be posting my full review with samples very soon :)

Almost nobody mention how many fps it could record. No such information?

Almost nobody mention how many fps it could record. No such information?
30 frames per second as stated in my review videos. No other modes available.

The cam is currently 31% off at geekbuying ($65) in their summer promotion, if anybody is interested.

Back