Xiaomi Mijia Seabird camera - Native 4K EIS great price - Good results - Side by side with Xiaomi yi2 4K (Twice the price + no EIS at 4K)

Some people actually received cameras without tripod mount.
They bought from a site called Lazada.

Yes I know. Very weird. Someone mentioned on my YouTube review that theirs from AliExpress I think, didn't have a tripod mount? He seemed to think it was version 2? The web site for the company isn't very helpful either as far as models.

Has anyone uploaded a Seabird camera vs original Xiaomi yi video?

Did you look at my review? I don't think so because that's exactly what I did! At the beginning of my review side by side with the yi2! 4m 23s and full screen further on.

Did you look at my review? I don't think so because that's exactly what I did! At the beginning of my review side by side with the yi2! 4m 23s and full screen further on.
could be wrong but thought he was asking for the original files

Yeah. aside for major faults and fairly poor video, you cant call more on youtube videos.
Always best to provide raw footage people can download and review on their computer.

The OP 's question was ... Seabird camera vs original Xiaomi yi video? ... which is exactly what mine is!

My raw files for the Seabird were 5.65 Gbs and the yi2 files were 4.76 gbs.
one. It would take a looong time to upload those to a dropbox, IF I had the space.
And two, I doubt more than a couple of people would ever look at them!

Last edited:
PS Personally speaking, I don't know anyone with a 4K tv or monitor either?

Yes I'm sure, but I don't know if they have the facility to play a raw 4k mp4 file directly to them? I very much doubt it. They are '4k ready' and as far as I know nobody is broadcasting in 4k in the UK. My review, I even uploaded two versions for what it's worth, the second version, shorter, was a 4k version. Admittedly by the time Youtube compress it it's rubbish but it's the best I can do. I think all the stuff about 4k is hype anyway. Most people watch stuff on yt, or tablets or phones. Doesn't matter a jot what the quality is like unless it's for broadcast, and tv companies don't use £60 action cameras to record with anyway.

we may not see in 4k, doesn't mean the format isn't valid though, it has it's place, original sample files are the only way to judge, YouTube compresses them making useful comparsions harder

Indeed the human sight are pretty limited, actually the 27" screen i sit in front of now ( 1080 p ) as my nose are only 60 CM or so from the screen, i am pretty sure what go on not least out towards the 2 edges, are to a large degree extrapolated on by my brain to trick me to think it is one large crisp / sharp image i see.
But really it is probably only the center 1/3 of the screen i see as clear and sharp as my brain tell me i also see the other 2/3

Still resolution have its merits, otherwise a lot of people will be buying a lot of unnecessary stuff over the years that have been and are to come.
And the new Sony 61 mpix Dslr, are huge overkill.
And i totally get the problem of uploading huge files on a narrow band internet connection, all i can recommend is to shoot short sample clips, in the kind of areas where things like contrast / sharpness ASO can be gauged.
Uploading a whole video are not nessesary, just some short clips that highlight the performance.

And i totally get the problem of uploading huge files on a narrow band internet connection, all i can recommend is to shoot short sample clips, in the kind of areas where things like contrast / sharpness ASO can be gauged.
Uploading a whole video are not nessesary, just some short clips that highlight the performance.
I'm sure that's all that's needed

Last edited:
I have updated the latest firmware. But the touchscreen does not respond. anyone can help?..please...

Back