Xiaomi Xiaoyi Yi Ant Wifi Cam focus problem?

unruly1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got this camera and have upgraded the firmware to 1.8.5.1M from this page http://xiaoyi.querex.be

Here is a screenshot of the HD stream with a 2 liter of Sprite in the bottom center of the screenshot.
That bottle of sprite is approx 6 feet from the camera and is completely unreadable. Did I get a defective unit?
Thanks in advance.
W28XGyl.jpg

Attachments

• XiaomiFuzzy.jpg
    XiaomiFuzzy.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 8
  • XiaomiFuzzy.jpg
    XiaomiFuzzy.jpg
  • XiaomiFuzzy.jpg
    XiaomiFuzzy.jpg
I am super keen. how can it be done?
I searched everywhere and can only find focus adjustment instructions for the action cam.

the process will be the same for the actual adjustment, how you open that model though I'm not sure, not sure anyone here has opened one up previously or not

I have opened one but have not adjusted the focus but it follows the same procedure as other cameras.

There are 4 screws on the back of the camera. Once you get those off you remove the back cover.
20151230_221535.jpg
20151230_221548.jpg

Using a very small flat head screwdriver you can pry the board out from the casing on the side. No need to remove the other 2 screws on the board, those attach the lens to the board.
20151230_221622.jpg

Now you should see the lens with a small dab of glue on it. You can twist the lens or scrape off the glue. Then refocus manually. Once it is where you like it, need to glue it back in place.

20151230_221707.jpg

Perform at your own risk.

Thanks DashCamMan!
Those instructions were precisely what I was looking for!
way less fuzzy now!
dOeorQt.jpg

Back