Xiaomi Yi Action Camera Chinese version vs International version

Petesco

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello guys, as you may know the International version just came out, so I thought I would make clear what are the main differences between the two versions.

1. Battery: 1010mAh from an unknown brand in the Chinese version vs a 990mAh from Sony in the International version.
2. Battery life: Since the International version has an aluminum alloy sheet on the cover of the battery, its heat dissipation is better, thus longer battery life
3. Certifications: The international version of Yi action camera has passed CE and FCC certifications. In addition, the US version has passed CRUUS certification and the EU version passing KC certification. Comparing to this, the original Chinese version only passed CE certification.
4. Wifi: Supposedly the International version has a faster Wifi speed.
5. Package:“The package is better, local language and all the international certifications”
The Chinese version package is made from wood material and the international version uses recyclable wood material box .

XKn3is9.jpg

Hope this cleared out some doubts, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers.

Hi,
Nice clarification.
I have a couple doubts, still.
Is the US version the same as the International one? I've seen this:
51k9br%2BeYhL.jpg
31-EG6ighDL.jpg

Also, and more important, I'm looking to buy a battery replacement. I have the Interational version (I guess). I have the metal battery door. But most batteries I find online are AZ13-1, which I believe it's the China version. My battery is the AZ13-2. I guess it's not compatible. Am I right? Does anyone know what the compatibility is between batteries?

Thx!

Back