Xiaomi Yi Autostart record function

Andy-RC

Reaction score
Country
Albania
Hi all.

Im a long time follower of this forum but first time poster!

I am looking for a script that will auto start the camera recording when it powers up

Is this possible at all?

I would ideally like ti have it for a project im attempting with my youtube channel

thanks

As said many times - no. That would require HW mod.

thanks for the quick reply. I can carry on with my project now thanks, its a shame a HW mod would be required

what about triggering the record through the USB cable some how? we can trigger the record from an app and also through BT

thanks again

Autostart record when camera power up (but not when usb power connected)

I'm out of town right now, no access to the camera so I can't check this.
Does that script work for autostart recording? I'd really like to push just the power button and have it start recording, much less mucking around for what I use it for.

Works exactly like you said.

Not terribly ground-breaking news but I got home and tested that script and yes, it does auto-start the recording when the camera is turned on.
Thanks!

Hi,

I've tried the code sniped from autoexec above but it won't autostart recording videos :-(
Hope somebody can tell my what I did wrong.

I'm using a 23L with stock 1.2.13 firmware.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've tried the code sniped from autoexec above but it won't autostart recording videos :-(
Hope somebody can tell my what I did wrong.

I'm using a 23L with stock 1.2.13 firmware.

OK, I got it. haven't had default camera mode set to Normal. Now everything is running as expected ;)

Last edited:
help ..i used this file and after the first start the camera seems to freeze or something .it starts making 3 beeps then close again and restart all over again.i remove the sd ,format it but it still goes the same.only way to stop it is to remove the battery,but after a restart does the same.even without sd inside.its bootlooping.22l model,firmware 1.2.13.plz help

Last edited:
Yes thank you it worked! You saved my day

Back