Xiaomi YI big battery drain problem SOLVED!

sp5it

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dash Cam
Xiaomi YI
Solution here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/battery-drain-fixed.11114/

Hi. I created new topic to spread information about that problem.
My camera suffer from battery drain when off.

Firmware 0.7.11 ???
Firmware 1.0 100% to 42% in 20 hours.
Firmware 1.0.7 100% to 42% in 20 hours.
Firmware 1.09 100%>40% in 18 hours

Can someone test on 0.7.11?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I have the yi cam, too. I'm still running 1.0.7 and can't quite confirm the 100 % to 42 % race in 20h.

I turned on the cam today, it has been charged one week ago. The cam shows 86 %, but: within 2 minutes 3 % of the battery are gone.
After 5 more, 30 %. So it rushes done very quickly. We're talking on a german board about it.
Did it really get even lower with 1,09? what does this camera do, while its off :O ?

I use firmware 1.0.9 and got no problems with drain. Still go 100% after more than 48 hours.

The problem stems from the fact that the camera is not completely turned off and enters standby mode.

I did test. Removed battery to be sure that camera is completely powered off. Put back battery.
Firmware 1.09 100%>40% in 18 hours.

Mike

hm, if at some cameras the drain is high and in some minimal, than it looks like a defect, like with the focus problem which was mentioned a lot
question is, is it a software or hardware problem?

Last edited:
I did test. Removed battery to be sure that camera is completely powered off. Put back battery.
Firmware 1.09 100%>40% in 18 hours.
So the battery itself is the problem, not the camera.

No, you are wrong. Battery outside camera loose 1% per 24H. So camera drains that for sure. I will measure standby current soon.
Mike

No, you are wrong. Battery outside camera loose 1% per 24H.
Mike
Oh sorry, I misunderstood your previous post. In that case let's hope that this is fixable by firmware update. I'm waiting on my cam to arrive and this battery drain problem is not looking good at the moment.

Possibly some kind of defect. Mine battery is OK.

Can we merge this thread with this one https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/battery-drain-fixed.11114/, where solution was presented and maybe put it on the top in some kind of Sticker? (not sure if it's possible at this forum)
Would be great for all "solved" threads so there are no duplicate themes at the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back