Xiaomi Yi Cam - Water proof case & Bluetooth remote (I've got both)

luckylz

Reaction score
Country
China
[Updated on Jun.26,2015]
I've got the bluetooth remote control & selfi stick. Good News is the bluetooth works within the wifi is off !

I've got some tester pictures from a Chinese named Hanlu, who will starts to test Xiaomi Yi Cam with Water proof case & Bluetooth remote control.
And maybe that's 99% the case & remote will finally look like.

Water proof case --- no comment, just waiting for the official announcement & the retail price;
YiCam1.png
Bluetooth remote control --- to me, it looks ugly than other Xiaomi products.
YiCam2.png

[Updated on Jun.18,2015]
Xiaomi officially released the bluetooth remote control

Bluetooth remote control (writen in Chinese), RMB39.00, yes it's cheap:
http://item.mi.com/1152500016.html
lanyayaokongqi_01.jpg

lanyayaokongqi_02.jpg

lanyayaokongqi_06.jpg

lanyayaokongqi_08.jpg

lanyayaokongqi_10.jpg

lanyayaokongqi_11.jpg

Guys, you can check with your sellers in your own country.

Last edited:
can't wait to have these accessories as you can't do much without these on your camera.

can't wait to have these accessories as you can't do much without these on your camera.
Now the 3rd party water proof case will be released maybe even earlier than Xiaomi about RMB100(around US$17); but bluetooth remote control, I have no idea the time table.

Well, I wonder if the bluetooth remote is camera specific (maybe a generic bluetooth remote would work)
There should be a way to activate/configure bluetooth through the camera app though...

So this guy if he is testing the remote, should have also a new firmware/app

from another forum:

poster also said the next generation yi camera will have lcd screen.

from another forum:

poster also said the next generation yi camera will have lcd screen.

yeap it should come around end of the year, cost around 200 dolars and should have lcd screen and even better parameters ...current version was targeted on low-cost customers and the next one should be rival for go pro 4 , we will see... for me yi is enough :) not really planning to use it for something else then vacation videos :D

banggood changed that to May 15 2015

I've got the water proof case ! Although I bought from none-official way, but it's ok for me.
The case is so plastics smell ~~~
Gonna test it on weekend if I go to the swimming pool.
IMG_8899.JPG IMG_8900.JPG IMG_8901.JPG
IMG_8902.JPG IMG_8903.JPG IMG_8904.JPG

Nice info there.
Interested in the bluetooth remote. If they have the uw case for the remote too, it will be a perfect addition for underwater needs.

I have been talking with a seller from AliExpress this morning who has the official Xiaomi waterproof case (it has reviews from sellers from different countries who have attached the a photo of the case and it is de official). As it has more than 460 orders I've asked if he has it in stock and he has told me that he can send it inmediatelly, so I asked for a little discount (as the price is 32.99$) and he has given me 30 discount codes to leave the final price at 30$.
Here is the link to the Aliexpress case:
I have cancelled the order at GeekBuying (because the pre-sale has been extended to the 31 of May) and I have bought the case to the seller from AE. I still have 29 codes available, they will be valid for the next 5 days and each one can only be used once. If you want one code leave me a private message.

P.S. I'm not a seller, I've just asked for the discount codes and I only wanted to share the info about it.

anyone knows a good place to buy the original (not kingma or other third parties) preferably in Europe? With a reasonable price. If there's no place than China is also good. I already bought an "Original" that turned out to be faked when it arrived.

I'd suggest you do some research about the original case, it seems they've stopped production due to quality control issues.

I'd suggest you do some research about the original case, it seems they've stopped production due to quality control issues.

Hmmm, thanks for the info, I'll look it up

Back