Xiaomi Yi Cam - Water proof case & Bluetooth remote (I've got both)

Any chance it can pair with multiple cameras?

I copy bt*.xml files from the telnet, only the /tmp/fuse_a/pref/bt_devices.xml has differences:

the first time pairing:
Code:
<penc_ltk>BB:F2:26:81:09:28:24:A7:37:BE:02:2D:45:B4:C0:13</penc_ltk>
<penc_rand>BF:A6:CA:55:4D:1C:08:BB</penc_rand>
<penc_ediv>27187</penc_ediv>

the second time pairing (after I clear the Yi Cam bluetooth's pairing, and try that again):
Code:
<penc_ltk>4B:42:36:51:99:78:34:77:C7:0E:12:FD:D5:04:D0:E3</penc_ltk>
<penc_rand>4F:F6:DA:25:DD:6C:18:8B</penc_rand>
<penc_ediv>44227</penc_ediv>

Does the bluetooth generate some passkey, everytime pairing to Yi Cam?

Hi there. I already have xioami yi white version and i would like to buy the bluetooth shutter and a water proof case. I would like to get the original shutter since from what I read on this thread is the only one who can paired directly with the camera and I don't want to use my phone as intermediate. Quick questions.

1)I already have the original monopod stick that came with my white Yi back in may. Can I just place the bluetooth shutter to that stick or do I need to buy a new stick?(don't really know how that shutter is placed on the stick lol )
2)I would like to buy the shutter from gearbest. Anyone bought this shutter from them? They claim is the original one.
3)Can you point me to the original water proof case or at least to a good one? On gearbest I see they have lots of water proof cases but the original it seems is out of stock at this moment.
4)Any chance to get these two items from an European supplier?

Thanks guys

I have no idea how to buy these in Europe.
But I can only tell you that Bluetooth shutter can put on selfie stick, no need to buy a new stick.

Any news about fixed waterproof cases from Xiaomi? I gonna buy one, but anyone know when Xiaomi is going to start selling them again?

hi, I baught the original yi case but the power bottun on the case has been broken so I get a refund from banggood.
I was wondering what case I should order now?
I want a case that its prooved to be good and that peoples use it for a while without any problems.
thank you very much for your help, roy.

There appears to be a new version of the official case
Does anyone have one yet?

That is great news! Thank you, looking forward to see it on DX :D

they changed the plastic buttons into metal. which is great. my wpc button cracked without me doing anything with it. i just stored for 2 months. must be the pressure from the spring.

they changed the plastic buttons into metal. which is great. my wpc button cracked without me doing anything with it. i just stored for 2 months. must be the pressure from the spring.
Looks good, but IMO that's an enormous price for the case... I recently purchased an "original" case from AliExpress (not quite sure if it's original - I don't think so) and luckily did a test (see photo) not waterproof at all.
I highly recommend to test every case before using it :D
I now orderd this case: LINK and hope for this one to be waterproof..

Hopefully the NEW original case will drop in price soon.

Attachments

• WP_20150721_09_35_17_Pro Kopie.jpg
    WP_20150721_09_35_17_Pro Kopie.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 30
yes it is a bit pricey. especially if you buy it from resellers. they charge you almost double the price. i was really surprised and disappointed when the power button of my wp case cracked. just like that, money wasted.

Hi there, any news on lastest Waterproof housing? Lastime I checked, there's no sign on the mainsite

Hi there, any news on lastest Waterproof housing? Lastime I checked, there's no sign on the mainsite

I got mine on Friday, much much better, the buttons are now metal and the hinge feels stiffer and much stronger. Well worth the money.

ok, so.. question.. I was about to go test my camera underwater.. I got my case same time as camera, but back then, when I was ordering I wasnt paying attention where I am buying it.. I just got from some link that was next to camera. .it was 13$ and I tested it in my tub few times, and its not leaking water or anything.. it was dry the whole time.. but since reading here this forum.. i am not sure, do I have to test it more or be careful with anything.. because I was about to go into pool today and wouldnt want to ruin my camera
11705461_1466731183649347_3127344496603242353_o.jpg

Yes, I have moisture issues with the original and "60m" one. It can be fixed with a little baby shampoo though.
Other than the original, I am satisfied with this one, the one with red rubber seal. No reported vignette so far from other users, unlike the kingma one.

0ab42c20-0487-43b4-9e29-43b61439b8ef_zpsoj7z7fzw.jpg

I got a question, how do You use a baby shampoo to fix moisture problem ? I have fake Kingma case, and when i swim in Polish sea(16 degree) i have moisture on a inside of the case.
Does anybody know how to prevent a water drop on a outside of the case after swim ?

I got a question, how do You use a baby shampoo to fix moisture problem ? I have fake Kingma case, and when i swim in Polish sea(16 degree) i have moisture on a inside of the case.
Does anybody know how to prevent a water drop on a outside of the case after swim ?
put rice around the camera.

Back