Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Yes, N mode of wifi will provide more speedy connection. I also saw BT scripts inside but not working yet bc drivers are missing. So maybe with next firmware we'll have a working BT?!)

can't really tell as i don't own the camera and ecqu is gone for a week.

Here is some scripts:

yea, i can access the telnet myself, but i really will not toy with them and risk that the camera will freeze. If it would, i wouldn't be able to make any progress with the GUI. Which is imho ATM more important :)

BTW camera info option added under "Camera" menu. Baby steps ;)

Last edited:
Keep calm guys, just a small update, but as i promised....

YOU CAN NOW USE C&C TO CONFIGURE YOUR CAMERA
Enjoy :)

And from now on i accept requests for more functions and if it will be possible, i will try to make them reality ;)

I'd love to have this under OSX, if i can help with the port, it's been a while since i do no coding, but i offer my help.

Hi Flynn, just grab Python 2.7.9 and download Gui.pyw from github. It should work, python is multiplatform language :) Please let me know!

WOW nice progress. :) I will try it soon.
Could be possible to make a simple file manager for downloading and deleting media files from the camera? thanks

Hi toroid, that is already planned feature :) Just let me rest for a SHORT while (maybe on saturday?) and i will give it a try.

Hi Flynn, just grab Python 2.7.9 and download Gui.pyw from github. It should work, python is multiplatform language :) Please let me know!
I will see if i can do it during the afternoon and will let you know about it. Thanks

That means it contained some unsupported chars... What exactly did you use in settings.cfg ?

custom_vlc_path = d:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe

Do I need to use quotes?

let me test &let you know.

Thanks for the bugreport, should be okay now :)

Andy_S , already tried to use GUI.pwy in OSX and some things went ok, some others didn't (warnings not errors). Nothing critical i guess as i was able to change most config parameters.
I will try and modify the VLC path so you can upload the script with the right osx VLC path , and see what other things went wrong.
I'll send you some feedback about it when i have everything gathered.

BTW, what's that warped mode?

if you can send me these warnings, i'd appreciate that.
custom VLC path is already a thing in settings.cfg, can't use generalized one in posix systems as it varies in each distro :/

warped mode - i have no idea. I don't have the camera at my hand so i cannot test (i don't have that file transfer yet)

Back