Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Sure, i will gather all of them and have them sent to you.

What i meant about the vlc path was so you could upload a GUI.pwy with the path to the osx version, as it usually gets installed under the same path and right now it's the windows path , so i had to edit it to have live view working.

**** dudes, we should all collect some money so Andy could have one of these at hand! :)

if that's the case, then send me the path, i will hardcode it for MacOS :)

MacOS VLC default path implemented, please let me know :)

Did you check what cam returning on auth?

I see the following:
Code:
{ "msg_id": 7, "type": "vf_stop" }{ "rval": 0, "msg_id": 257, "param": 1 }

What is the first part mean?

its just way the camera is doing "keepalive". But... why are you doing it, if i may ask? :)

I'm just playing with it. I want to find a way to control it from inside (camera OS).

for what purpose? :) i mean ... what is your goal? Maybe i will be able to help you.

I hope you will be our new firmware developer. :) This camera badly needs sharpness control etc.

i am not really a programmer, more like unix admin :) Sharpness control, you mean focus? it has a fixfocus lens... i think i saw some guide to adjust the focus somewhere...

No, I mean a software sharpness level. The video from camera is blurred in comparison to still pictures. This is a well known firmware bug that was mentioned many times on the DashCam board. The bad camera lens focus is another issue which is easily solvable.

btw My previous post was more directed to barboss. :)

oh... sorry :D Isn't it caused by low bitrate? i saw some custom firmware for that...

No, I modified original 1.0.9 firmware from 25Mbit to 35-50Mbit and a resulting quality is almost the same. The issue will be probably in the video codec settings.

Last edited:
Hi @Andy_S, checking with your Gui.pyw, a small display bug as the following picture. I'm sure you know what happen --- the special charactor issue --- I just begin to study python, and post the fixed code here.
Python is not so difficult :lol
BUG.png

Code:
... ...
def GetAllConfig(self):
... ...
    allparams = thisoptions.replace("\\/","/").split("#")
    #allparams = thisoptions.split("#")
... ...
def MenuConfig_Apply(self, *args):
... ...
    tosend = '{"msg_id":2,"token":%s, "type":"%s", "param":"%s"}' %(self.token, myoption, myvalue.replace("/","\\/"))
    #tosend = '{"msg_id":2,"token":%s, "type":"%s", "param":"%s"}' %(self.token, myoption, myvalue)
... ...
def MenuConfig_changed(self, *args):
... ...
    self.config_thisvalue.set(self.camconfig[myoption].replace("\\/","/")) # default value
    #self.config_thisvalue.set(self.camconfig[myoption]) # default value
... ...

nice catch Lucky :) i ofcourse credited you for that. Thanks!

Well, its saturday, right? :D And i made a promise & i try to keep all my promises, soooo....

FILE DOWNLOAD/REMOVAL NOW INCLUDED

Files you select are downloaded into newly created folder "Files". You can select multiple files, just click them all :)
Autoupdater runs each program start.

Thanks for this, but maybe your computer was infected with a virus when you made the app? Virustotal shows:

TrojanDownloader.Python.a

False positive by one product i never heard of before and no descriptions for "TrojanDownloader.Python.a" on Google.
Python is the name of programming language i used to create this program, MAYBE it is frolicking because of update check function? No idea.

You can download the source and compile it with Pyinstaller yourself, you will see if you get different result. Thats why i include source, so you know i didn't pack in some unwanted "features" :)

Last edited:
figured it was a false positive, but just wanted to mention it in-case. anyhow, thanks for clarifying.

Back