Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

I have another feature proposal (but it is major and will be time consuming). Allow user to see and change all settings at the same time. ;)

ricardo: thanks for the note, i of course mean cc.exe. I will update readme.md on next release

Thank you, Andy.
I tried CC.exe yesterday and it didn't work on my windows laptop (Windows 7). Does it only work on a specific version?

i didn't mean the typo, i just said because in the message box for each option you said "unknown option, let me know if you know what this does", or something like that :)
Yes i know what you mean and i'm saying its caused by a typo in line 25 - self.ConfigInfo = {} containing hints for functions. Since i made the typo, it couldn't pair and thus displayed generic "unknown function" message.

I have another feature proposal (but it is major and will be time consuming). Allow user to see and change all settings at the same time. ;)
erm... i don't get you, you ARE able to change all settings at the same time. You just have to click apply after selecting each option, because some functions are affecting others, for example changing "video_standard" changes available options in "video_resolution" etc and without applying it wouldn't update from camera :)

Thank you, Andy.
I tried CC.exe yesterday and it didn't work on my windows laptop (Windows 7). Does it only work on a specific version?
Please explain "didn't work", C&C is multiplatform so it probably would work even on fridge if it ran python with tkinter and networking capabilities :D

I'm watching and waiting.......... Fantastic job Andy........... Let's be patient folks.
What are you waiting for? C&C is on github for over a week now, updated quite often as bugs are found / new features added :) Sometime it takes bit longer as i have also personal life :D

Please explain "didn't work", C&C is multiplatform so it probably would work even on fridge if it ran python with tkinter and networking capabilities :D

Sorry, it said "the version of this file isn't compatible with the version of windows you're running"... something like that.

But I got hold of a macbook and can use python.

Thank you so much for this great tool. I'm still trying to understand it and the various options.

Would you be able to explain the settings:

{ "dual_stream_status": "on" }
{ "streaming_status": "on" }

what sort of dual streaming is this? I have a strange behavior in which the very first time I connected VLC to the camera (rtsp) I got 640x480, and then the next day, after doing nothing other than turning the camera off and back on next day, it now only streams at 432x240. Also I'm not getting any audio at all on the rtsp stream, is this also something configurable?

I appreciate your help.

thanks!
Ricardo

"not compatible" - you must'ev downloaded incomplete file, since CC.exe is compiled on Win7 64bit and tested&confirmed to work both on Win 8.1 64bit & Win XP (which is 32bit).

As i stated many times, i don't own this camera so i don't know anything about it except what i can get through network connection. These two are not settable options but readonly properties.

Streaming is low-priority for the camera and since the camera can't handle more than 200kB/s over wifi, streaming resolution is limited (i already told you that). Since there is no chance to get RTSP through NAT, i am not able for the time being to connect to it.

If you wanted IP capable streaming camera, you've chosen wrong product :)

"not compatible" - you must'ev downloaded incomplete file, since CC.exe is compiled on Win7 64bit and tested&confirmed to work both on Win 8.1 64bit & Win XP (which is 32bit).

As i stated many times, i don't own this camera so i don't know anything about it except what i can get through network connection. These two are not settable options but readonly properties.

Streaming is low-priority for the camera and since the camera can't handle more than 200kB/s over wifi, streaming resolution is limited (i already told you that). Since there is no chance to get RTSP through NAT, i am not able for the time being to connect to it.

If you wanted IP capable streaming camera, you've chosen wrong product :)

Ok sorry for the bother.

BTW, 200kB/s is 1.6Mb/s which isn't bad for h264 if there's no need for high frame rates, it depends on the application.

How did you find out which messages to send and values to set for the various settings? For example the command to start streaming using '{"msg_id":257,"token":0}'.

Also, do you know what "dual stream status" means? I've seen 2 different modes, 640x480 and 432x240 but I have no idea how the modes got switched.

you don't bother me :) Did you get that .exe working?

vlc stream does not have priority atm so it is low res.

How? Ecqu gave them to me :p Aaaaaaaaaand ... i have the serverside binary from the camera :D

and let me repeat my answer for you that you even quote:

you don't bother me :) Did you get that .exe working?

vlc stream does not have priority atm so it is low res.

How? Ecqu gave them to me :p Aaaaaaaaaand ... i have the serverside binary from the camera :D

and let me repeat my answer for you that you even quote:

Yes, I got your app working by using a macbook instead... didn't try the windows exe again. ;-)

I appreciate your help, I guess even though you had stated many times you don't own the camera, it's just weird that you have an app to control it. Since you have the commands handy (like for starting streaming), do you know if there are any other commends that can be sent that are related to streaming?

i originaly wrote it for a friend of mine who got it recently (ecqu) and i am using his camera over the net while he is few thousands km far away..

there are almost no options for streaming, as i said, this is no IP camera, this is sportscam for recording.

Morning,

I am also interested in improving the streaming capabilities via Wifi, and also multiple camera streaming either by WiFi or via USB/HDMI. Is there anyone out there that has accomplished this yet?

BTW Andy_S, many thanks for the work you have done so far, made my life a lot easier.

Thanks

Martin

Hi @Andy_S !
I've test some code to show the download speed in the C&C.
Today is weekend in Chinese, I will test more & share to you next week, only if you need it. Sure you can write the code by yourself !
SPEED.png

Morning,

I am also interested in improving the streaming capabilities via Wifi, and also multiple camera streaming either by WiFi or via USB/HDMI. Is there anyone out there that has accomplished this yet?

BTW Andy_S, many thanks for the work you have done so far, made my life a lot easier.

Thanks

Martin

Wifi speeds have been improved in 1.0.12 firmware
Multiple camera streaming - possible, not easy.
USB streaming, that would need quite alot work..
HDMI - you can do that by default

I'm creating and application to manage the autoexec.ash files and firmwares. I'm also planning to make it work as a USB manager, but as I'm a beginner with python I'm going slowly progressing thanks to the information found on the web and the shared code of the C&C (But I have not copied the code). In the future it might be a good idea to merge both tools, but at the moment my tool just has a button to open the C&C tool in another window.

Thank you very much to everyone helping and contributing in this project, as soon as I get something useful I'll try to create a github and share the tool there.

Regards.

USB streaming / controlling / anything except file transfer is quite impossible ATM, because as soon as you plug in USB, RTOS takes over and effectively kills linux overlay.

Kerenmac : I am already working on firmware / file upload functions, that will be released with next "major" release (0.5.x) :)

luckylz: I knew i forgot about something, this will be included in 0.5.x as well.

barboss: as i said - this style of config options is deliberate as some of them affect others.

I understand this, but I think there should be no issue with creating dependent controls. As you have all possible values for each mode.

Back