Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Using with ThiEye T5/T5e does produce resolution 768x432 @29fps (this resolution used for second video file when you select dual files option in camera settings) and no way of changing it to using options of CC.exe any tip how to switch it to 1920x1080 60fps?

Hi

can anybody tell me if this PC software (CC.exe) is able to work with Yi Dash Camera?
This camera wifi SSID is YiCarCam_f620e2 and it assigns IP 192.168.1.33 to my PC, while the camera IP address is 192.168.1.254 (at least it replies for ping to this IP)?

I always get Cannot connect to address specified.

I am starting to think that it can be only for Yi Action Cam, isn't it?
Using with ThiEye T5/T5e does produce resolution 768x432 @29fps (this resolution used for second video file when you select dual files option in camera settings) and no way of changing it to using options of CC.exe any tip how to switch it to 1920x1080 60fps?

Using this on other cameras may mess up some settings, please don't try it as it is very unlikely to produce results.

Hi, i use Windows 10 and just trying to connect Xiaomi Yi. I have DL Xiaomi Yi C&C and have DL VLC. But after i clicked Live View then pop-up a message written VLC Player not found. Use your preferred player to view : rtps://XXX.XXX.XXX . Do you have any solution for the problem ? Thanks.

I know if used this ages ago, but i just cant get the RTSP or even file transfers working on my yi.
I can start burst photo/recording on my z22 yi, but rtsp refuses to work with vlc and other rtsp viewers like ffplay.

Iv even tried all the different firmwares on the YI. v 1.2.0 1.2.6 1.2.10 and 1.5.12.

I was hoping to use my retired yi to monitor my 3d printer, butthe live feed seems to only work in the phone app. and that has to be connected directly instead of through my router :(

Is there something in the wifi scripts that messes up the live stream or file transfer?

Code:
autoexec.ash

sleep 10
t pwm 1 enable
sleep .5
t pwm 1 disable
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/sta.sh'
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable
#Uncomment following line for network keepalive watchdog; EDIT watchdog.sh BEFORE USING!
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/watchdog.sh'

wpa_supplicant

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="yyyyyy"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA2 WPA
pairwise=CCMP
psk="xxxxxxxxxx"
}
-------------------------------------------

watchdog.sh

#!/bin/sh

# Use existing IP in your network that the camera will ping & use to verify its connection status (generally your AP IP)
HOST="192.168.144.2"

# How many pings in one batch (default=10)
COUNT=10

# What percentage of network availability you require (default=70 = 3 drops of 10 will cause network restart)
PERCENT=70

# How long to wait at most for each ping to arrive (default=3 seconds)
WAIT=3

# Action to take when the network is down
ACTION=/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/sta.sh

# COUNT * WAIT = time (in seconds) before camera inits a restart if there is a drop. Higher COUNT, better precision for percentage

while [ 1 ]
  do
    count=$(ping -W $WAIT -c $COUNT $HOST | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }')
    if [ $count -lt $(( $COUNT * $PERCENT / 100 )) ]; then
      $ACTION
    fi
  done

-----------------------------------

sta.sh

#!/bin/sh

MyMAC="04:E6:76:01:01:01"

#set to 1 if you want to use mac specified above (custom MAC address) in case you get random ones.
#!!!DOES NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE STATIC MAC!!!
CustomMAC=1

if [ -e /tmp/wifi0_mac ]; then
    mac=`cat /tmp/wifi0_mac`
fi

mac2=`cat /proc/ambarella/board_info  | grep wifi_mac | awk '{ print $2 }' | tr '[:lower:]' '[:upper:]'`

if [ "${mac2}" == "00:00:00:00:00:00" ] ||  [ "${mac2}" == "" ]; then
    if  [ $CustomMAC -eq 1 ]; then
        mac=${MyMAC}
    fi
fi

wait_wlan0()
{
    n=0
    ifconfig wlan0
    waitagain=$?
    while [ $n -ne 6 ] && [ $waitagain -ne 0 ]; do
        n=$(($n + 1))
        echo $n
        sleep 1
        ifconfig wlan0
        waitagain=$?
    done
}

killall -9 hostapd hostapd_autochannel_retartchip dnsmasq udhcpc wpa_supplicant wpa_cli wpa_event.sh 2> /dev/null
killall -9 hostapd hostapd_autochannel_retartchip dnsmasq udhcpc wpa_supplicant wpa_cli wpa_event.sh 2> /dev/null
rmmod bcmdhd

insmod /lib/modules/bcmdhd.ko firmware_path=/usr/local/bcmdhd/fw_apsta.bin nvram_path=/usr/local/bcmdhd/nvram.txt iface_name=wlan dhd_msg_level=0x00 op_mode=1 amba_initmac=${mac}
wait_wlan0
driver=nl80211

/usr/bin/wpa_supplicant -D${driver} -iwlan0 -c/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
sleep 5

#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

ifconfig wlan0 192.168.144.250 netmask 255.255.255.0
#udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

Last edited:
Do I connect to the cameras wifi on my PC first, then try to connect with the program? because either way doesn't seem to work for me, using the right IP for the device. Just says couldn't find x specified.

Hi everyone. I've already done but I cant use this.
there is video what I have problem. When I want to connect to Xiaomi Yi Lite Action Camera. I can connect ok. Wifi is ok. When I open program when I click to connect I hear bip but I cant see something or I cant click somewhere. There isnt something. Does someone know about this problem. Thank you

Back