Xiaomi Yi crashes when accessing files via USB connection

AV over USB was disabled but PAL seems to be an issue. After switching back to NTSC it seems to be OK.

This really is latest FW problem, at least for me.

Well its really annoying to be honest. Lets hope they will fix it.

probably, i didn't have problems with previous firmwares, but since i updated to last version i can't transfer files from camera.

I created an account because I've found a solution to this problem. It has been bugging me till i read one of the replies which said to use another microUSB cable.

I plugged in my camera using my xiaomi note 4g micro usb cable instead of the one that came with the yi. And it works now! I can finally view the stuff in the sd card without making the camera hang and having to remove the battery every single time. Try using another cable if you can. Hope this helps.

i buy one for 16Euro i hope it will be send to germany and when not..... only 16€ **** i should buy 100 more

i know its an old topic but i think i found the solution

i experienced exactly the same thing as some people here experienced hang crash hard lock ups from the camera while trans-
fering files.

turns out not my usb cable was the problem but the usb hub that was between my pc and my camera. once i removed the hub files transfer flawlessly. try it it might work for you.

i know its an old topic but i think i found the solution

i experienced exactly the same thing as some people here experienced hang crash hard lock ups from the camera while trans-
fering files.

turns out not my usb cable was the problem but the usb hub that was between my pc and my camera. once i removed the hub files transfer flawlessly. try it it might work for you.
Thanks.. this fixed it.

In my case: I have 2 cameras a green one and a white one. the white one had problems, the green one works just fine. Just for info.. :)

Hi guys, tried with a few different cables but it still happened. Reformatted the SD Card (16 GB Class 10 Kingston), and restored factory settings but nothing happened. Only one camera faced this issue, while 4 other cameras using the same cables had no issue. I'm guessing its the camera, as it was the only variable that changed.

Two things to try first:
1. Different USB port, ideally completely away from a 'stack' of ports on your motherboard or laptop. Each such stack is typically connected to a single hub on the host controller. Such hubs can become unreliable over time (as can the host controller), particularly for such purposes as maintained connections streaming data from external storage devices. If the same cable and camera works on a completely different stack or even a completely different computer, chances are that hub and/or host-controller for the USB port(s) in question are gradually becoming faulty.
2. If this doesn't alleviate your problem, try a different USB cable in conjunction with the aforementioned.

On my motherboard, a now 5-years old ASUS P7H55D-M EVO, the board itself has six ports at the rear. Two black USB 2.0 at the top, two red USB 2.0 with increased power output for charging devices if using the appropriate ASUS software, and two blue USB 3.0 ports at the bottom. It has three headers on the board for another 6 ports, on which I've 4 extra ports at the moment.

Of these, the following is the case for my particular situation:
The black ports positively-hate anything like a webcam, USB headphones/headset, wired or wireless keyboard EXCEPT my Logitech G13. They're the most reliable for my USB 2.0 external HDD enclosure, which requires two ports.
The read ports positively hate external hard-drives BUT are my most reliable for my Yi and an external card reader. They're extremely temperamental with my G13 and will frequently require I reset the hub they're on for it to become active after boot/resuming from sleep.
The blue USB 3.0 ports hate my G700 mouse's charging cable and will more often than not simply not acknowledge there's something there. It's highly unreliable for card readers, external HDDs (will let them work, but they'll often disconnect arbitrarily), hates keyboards including the G13, and doesn't want to cooperate with webcams.

The 4 ports down below are my most reliable for my webcam, are unreliable for my Yi, don't acknowledge the existence of my card reader and require a reset of their hub once in a while for the G13. They work with USB headsets fine.

tl;dr moral of the story: USB is fickle and your problems may well be no more than a faulty hub or host controller on your laptop/motherboard.

Back