Xiaomi Yi Dashcam Black Edition - Chinese to ENGLISH

Nyteman

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok, when I got the Black Edition camera the whole package came in Chinese. I bought it off ebay, and of course small lettering states it comes in Chinese. After some reading (poor write ups) I finally got the Chinese version working in English. Mostly by trial and error I figured it out. So this is what I did.. I went to Yi's site and downloaded the firmware CK11H https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-smart-dash-camera-firmware See the image below after completion. I simply put the .bin file on a fresh formatted SD card. Turned it on and it updated. After doing this the camera would not except or allow the SD card. Kept reading SD card error. I was able to connect to the device, it powered on fine, and would read with the phone app. After that I used the restorea.bin emergency file with build V-1.04.02a_US When I installed the Yi CK11H version it changed everything to English. After the restore, everything works great, and in English. No issues with recordings, SD Cards etc...20200104_134738.jpg
20200104_125711.jpg

I got the same black editon as you but i still didn't change the languade to English.

When i saw your post, i think you're my life-saver but i don't get one part of your instruction which you used 'the restorea.bin emergency file with build V-1.04.02a_US'

Where can i get this file? Can you instruct me again?

Back