Xiaomi YI Dashcam Review - The Best Cheap Car Dashcam?

My first collab. Introducing our communities to different things.

Enjoyed the review, covers things I skip as I tend to go a bit geeky on the UI and video quality. He has a lot of in-depth reviews on non-mainstream smartphones that may be of interest if you're on a budget.

Last edited:
Is it true that the screen doesn't ever turn off on this device?

Is it true that the screen doesn't ever turn off on this device?

Nope, there is a configurable LCD off timer. You can see it in his video (set to 5 mins) I think the choices are always on, 1 min, 5 min, and 10 min

Nice review i like that it is for the Chinese version since Yi so slow to push out international version and then they charge more for it!

The Yi will never be the best cheap dashcam while it can't hang onto focus for long. They need to get the basics right before worrying about all the bells and whistles on top.

Nope, there is a configurable LCD off timer. You can see it in his video (set to 5 mins) I think the choices are always on, 1 min, 5 min, and 10 min

I saw an amazon review saying that the "screen off" is just a pink screen with the time on it and it doesn't actually turn off.

I saw an amazon review saying that the "screen off" is just a pink screen with the time on it and it doesn't actually turn off.
I will confirm the lcd turns off completely no pink screen but you are forced to wait 1 min, 5 min, 10 min for screen off. There is option to display time, date when screen off but you can turn that off as well.

I will confirm the lcd turns off completely no pink screen but you are forced to wait 1 min, 5 min, 10 min for screen off. There is option to display time, date when screen off but you can turn that off as well.
Thanks for checking :)

As a side note, I went back to amazon.com and all the reviews for the Yi sold by Yi Technology are gone, there were definitely 10+ yesterday.

Thanks for checking :)

As a side note, I went back to amazon.com and all the reviews for the Yi sold by Yi Technology are gone, there were definitely 10+ yesterday.
Very interesting, Yi has multiple listings for the Yi dash cam, one is $71 with 40 reviews and the other is $89 with no reviews! What can explain the price difference for the same product? It is mystery

Back