Xiaomi Yi Dashcam Review

It looks like they're onto a winner here - the night footage I've seen so far looks great and much better than the early stuff we saw from the samples that was out of focus!

I'm looking forward to see more raw night footage appear to really judge it

Excellent day and night video quality.
However it won't suit me because of: (1) power by battery instead of super capacitor; (2) not discreet; (3) no GPS.

won't be for everyone but if it is reliable it might be a much better option than things like a G1W where the results are very hit and miss

It has one thing I liked (don't know if other cameras also have this feature): it takes a still of the moment the G-sensor is triggered. Too bad you can't turn it off, at least with this firmware version.

Looking for a new dashcam after my disappointing mini 0806 (OOF) Quality Control issues, this look really nice but only seen on Gearbest which is not my favourite place at the moment:).

Looking for a new dashcam after my disappointing mini 0806 (OOF) Quality Control issues, this look really nice but only seen on Gearbest which is not my favourite place at the moment:).
If you watched the whole video you know it's best to wait a while. ;)

I can put up with the ONLY Chinese version as long as the video is OK.
Yes it would be nice with English Menu but that wouldn't stop me waiting TBH.

This actually looks pretty good. You can notice the relatively low "dynamic range" during night scenes and in shaded areas during the day but overall the video quality is pretty great for the price - the bitrate is sufficiently high, there is an option for 60 fps at 1080p and the auto exposure works pretty well. All it really needs is a capacitor instead of battery and a CPL filter.

IF we NEED to wait indeed, maybe better wait for Mobius 2 instead?

Maybe it's a sneaky attempt to force us to learn Chinese by selling a fantastic CHINESE ONLY dash cam for an even more fantastic price!?!?

:D:D:D

Just got it, day video is very good. Waiting to see the night video

Today the English iOS App was released, so it's getting a bit easier to navigate.
Menu is still in Chinese, but not that hard to figure out. In the app all settings are explained.
Feature of the cam work pretty fine, not quite sure how to deal with GPS & speed information

Here's my review: http://elproducente.com/xiaomi-yi-dashboard-camera/

Today the English iOS App was released, so it's getting a bit easier to navigate.
Menu is still in Chinese, but not that hard to figure out. In the app all settings are explained.
Feature of the cam work pretty fine, not quite sure how to deal with GPS & speed information

Here's my review: http://elproducente.com/xiaomi-yi-dashboard-camera/

When you play the recordings on your PC, then how do you read the GPS info (location/speed) from your phone? I mean, is it recorded into the video, or do you need specific software to make it visible?

Back