Xiaomi Yi Dashcam Review

Hi

Could be possible that with a later firmware an English menu will be introduced in the camera or maybe they wait for an international version.
Since Android & iOS App are in English, you have access to all settings in English.
Even though the camera's menu is Chinese it is very easy to figure out what is meant (lot's of logos and symbols)

I understood that the camera is getting GPS information from the phone, so they have to be connected. Since I tested the camera 2 days ago with the iOS App in Chinese I wasn't able to figure out how it exactly works. I updated App & Firmware and will test it today. Got the info about GPS from the in App manual "ADAS setup" which I included in the article.

Hi

Could be possible that with a later firmware an English menu will be introduced in the camera or maybe they wait for an international version.
Since Android & iOS App are in English, you have access to all settings in English.
Even though the camera's menu is Chinese it is very easy to figure out what is meant (lot's of logos and symbols)

I understood that the camera is getting GPS information from the phone, so they have to be connected. Since I tested the camera 2 days ago with the iOS App in Chinese I wasn't able to figure out how it exactly works. I updated App & Firmware and will test it today. Got the info about GPS from the in App manual "ADAS setup" which I included in the article.

OK, thanks, it'll be interesting to know how that gps function works and looks.....

Please keep us updated!

PS: Great review by the way.....

this must be a joke, right?

this must be a joke, right?

Guess so :)

Please keep us updated!
PS: Great review by the way.....

Thanks for the feedback!
I have to say that I misinterpreted the Chinese instructions in the app (now available in English).
According to the picture in the background I thought the GPS location is tracked as well,
but it seems currently the GPS info is only used to get the speed information for a better calculation of forward sensing in ADAS.
Xiaoyi stated that new features will be added, let's see. I would prefer integrated GPS.
(currently there is a bug as the end of the last sentence is not displayed)

YI-dash-camera-adas-app-gps.jpg

My XiaoYi Yi dashcam have focus problems because of heat and please consider that the recordings were done on March 30, middle of spring:

What will happen in the summer?

It is not a permanent focus problem because during night the focus is OK:

In above video you can see that is too much fuss about XiaoMi great night performance. Yes, it is great but not the best from all and you don't need to have a very visible camera with a wobbling mount on windshield just because of night performance.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back