Xiaomi Yi does not accept any SD card anymore

Dashie

Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Hi all,

During my holidays, my Yi suddenly corrupted my SD card. I bought a new one, and a few days later it corrupted that one as well. At this point, the camera will not accept any SD cards anymore. When I insert one and try to take a picture or record a video, the camera beeps 3 times (long beeps) and the shutter light flashes red.
I am running the latest firmware, 1.2.12 and resetted the camera to factory settings several times. I tried a few different SD cards, of 8, 16 and 64 GB. I formatted these using Windows and Ubuntu to FAT32 and exFAT.
None of these things worked.
Did anyone experience these problems before? Or is anyone able to help me?

I installed the ELF file as explained in https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-elf-files-to-unbrick-camera.13266/ which I hoped would fix the problem, but the camera still cannot find any of the SD cards I put in. I'm thinking that maybe the Sd card slot is broken. Does anyone have an idea on either how to fix it, or on where I can get the Yi repaired? I am living in The Netherlands and bought the camera via banggood.com. I've contacted banggood with my problem, but they were unable to help me. I really hope I can get the camera working again.

Back