Xiaomi yi night vision / full spectrum mod?

war64

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello people new around here ,and would love to get a little help here.I searched the forum and i don't find nothing about.
My problem is that i try to mod a xiaomi yi to pe full spectrum ,and when i opened it up i noticed that the lens have no UV filter.(the purple glass)
I bought one from gearbest broke the UV filter ,and now it does not focus at all.Even screwed to maximum.It is sensitive to ir light so it works but the focus is missing ,all blury.
So i suppose the UV filter is together with the focus lens or something.
I know the the sj4000 can be easily converted to full spectrum ,but i would like to stick to my xiaomi ..i love it.
Any ideas?Should i buy a go pro lens or sjcam lens with UV ? will it fit?will focus?Please advice.
Thanks allot for reading my wallpost ;)

Last edited:
Hello people new around here ,and would love to get a little help here.I searched the forum and i don't find nothing about.
My problem is that i try to mod a xiaomi yi to pe full spectrum ,and when i opened it up i noticed that the lens have no UV filter.(the purple glass)
I bought one from gearbest broke the UV filter ,and now it does not focus at all.Even screwed to maximum.It is sensitive to ir light so it works but the focus is missing ,all blury.
So i suppose the UV filter is together with the focus lens or something.
I know the the sj4000 can be easily converted to full spectrum ,but i would like to stick to my xiaomi ..i love it.
Any ideas?Should i buy a go pro lens or sjcam lens with UV ? will it fit?will focus?Please advice.
Thanks allot for reading my wallpost ;)

Any luck with a solution ???

Thanks for sharing.

In my cameras I was able to remove the ir cut filter and get the expected red ir looking images. Perhaps you just need to keep turning the lens and it will focus. If it's tight, make sure you have not cross threaded

Back