Xiaomi Yi + RIG + RC ....how to take pictures?

Yanivez

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello,

We are trying to build a product based on Xiaomi Yi cameras + rig for 360 and VR (picture below)

We bought the cameras + rig + stick and the Remote Control (RC) and we didn't succeed.

We connected each one of the cameras to the RC and try to turn-on the cameras together and with the RC to press On button to start a videos or to take a pictures with all of them together to create 360 pictures or video.

Can you assist us to resolve this problem ?

Thanks
sop-resize-800-20150829_183242.jpg

BR

Yaniv

www.VRyou.co.il

It's because the firmware of YiCam is no so good.

Hello,

We are trying to build a product based on Xiaomi Yi cameras + rig for 360 and VR (picture below)

We bought the cameras + rig + stick and the Remote Control (RC) and we didn't succeed.

We connected each one of the cameras to the RC and try to turn-on the cameras together and with the RC to press On button to start a videos or to take a pictures with all of them together to create 360 pictures or video.

Can you assist us to resolve this problem ?

Thanks
sop-resize-800-20150829_183242.jpg

BR

Yaniv

www.VRyou.co.il

For Video 360 , you can try to Autopanovideo Kolor + Autopanopro and synchronize motion:
links:

Kolor
synchronize motion
no matter you turn your cameras one by one

what resolution you use with your Yi ?

I think it is impossible to 1920x1080p , you need a resolution 4: 3 960p you can get more VFOV , when I tested the GoPro HD that was the resolution with which I worked:

Sample with 4 Gopro HD

and Gopro 360 rig users also work Go 4 : 3

yes, if shooting for 360degree, 4:3 is better, YiCam can do with 1600x1200 60p.

Hello

That rig I bought - XIAIMI 360 X6
susobarral - Why the video isn't 360 ? is 6 cameras are not enough ? so, I can take a video with delay (let's say 5-10sec) between the cameras ?
(With using Kolor)

BR
Yaniv

Last edited by a moderator:
explain to me that you do the process in more detail , capture and post-production, and maybe I can help you

How do you get around the Auto Exposure, white balance and manage to change the ISO? Unlike the gopro these don't have the same options which results in visible contrast when the footage is stitched together.

you can disable AE, and use raw wb with scripts

AE:
t ia2 -3a 0 0 1 1
or
t ia2 -ae off

WB:
t ia2 -3a 1 0 0 1
or
t ia2 -awb off

# Fix ISO to 200
t ia2 -ae exp 200 0 0

don't know