Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

I just noticed that different build has the same firmware, to be absolutely sure I've checked md5 for all, the result is that exist only 2 different firmware, and not 6... I'll make a new thread to have all more clear and tidy...

It's the same AFT stop to 158 line in the above link you can see them all, or I don't get your point...

I took the list from Github and made an Excel file for convenience. This is for firmware 1.2.10

Attachments

• Resolutions Bitrates Map.xlsx.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 48
It's the same AFT stop to 158 line in the above link you can see them all, or I don't get your point...

Thanks,
now i Understand, it took a little longer because i am a newbie.
Actually i can also set the bitrates from the high resolutions in lines 0-10, but i think it doesn`t matter because not switchable in App?
Is that right?
Why from line 18 to 26 nine times the same resolution of 1920 1080 29.97 but different adressses?
I don`have my camera yet, i am waiting to gearbest. What resolutions and fps settings are available on ios app when connecting to xiaomi yi?

The newest accessories from xiaoyi official site is floating grip but.... i tested you dont really necessary to buy it... a knock off one is great...
Enjoy the video guys!

Thanks,
now i Understand, it took a little longer because i am a newbie.
Actually i can also set the bitrates from the high resolutions in lines 0-10, but i think it doesn`t matter because not switchable in App?
Is that right?
Why from line 18 to 26 nine times the same resolution of 1920 1080 29.97 but different adressses?
I don`have my camera yet, i am waiting to gearbest. What resolutions and fps settings are available on ios app when connecting to xiaomi yi?
The high res lines (0-10) are unlockable via script, same res same fps from 18 to 26 line but in the firmware there are different bitrates I can't explain this, for ios I don't know because I don't have an iphone...

Hi,
Is it possible to disable flashing front circular led while recording video?
For me it's very annoying and not necessary (especially close to the glass, like window or aquarium).

Thanks,
M

Dear Fried,

As I saw that you've made firmwares for the rest of the hardware versions as 23S and 23L as follows:

There you go, in this custom 23S firmware all High Quality for all resolution are changed to 35Mbps, medium and low quality come with default bitrate.
Enjoy!... ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAZm5wWDFDT3ZpLTA/view?usp=sharing

There you go, in this custom 23L firmware all High Quality for all resolution are changed to 35Mbps, medium and low quality come with default bitrate.
Enjoy!... ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAdmxLRy1kZW0yQlE/view?usp=sharing

Are you able to make the same "all High Quality for all resolution are changed to 35Mbps, medium and low quality come with default bitrate." again for for version 22 of the camera, like you did here:

I read lukasz354 answer so I made custom firmware for him...
There you go https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EATDRHVjhicXU5Y0k/view?usp=sharing
firmware 1.2.10 Z22 customized with 1080p 60fps and 720p 120fps both 35Mbps... Enjoy...

But for all the resolutions not only for 1080p 60fps and 720p 120fps on 35Mbps ?
Thanks in advance

P.S. By the way is there any chance the bitrate to be increased more than 35Mbps, I'm talking about somthing like 45Mbps or even more, cause my MicroSD card is Transcend 32GB x633 with guaranteed 90Mbps WRITE speed !!! Yeah sounds amazing, but I doubt that the socket speed on the camera itself will handle such speeds at all ;)

Ok Dear Fried,

Can you please implement all the following Bitrates and Resolutions from the following attached txt file into the 1.2.10 fw for version 22, version 22L and version 23.

Actually I did the .ash script and I've managed to put the speed up to the amazing 50 Mbps for 1080p60FPS:

#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C3046 0x4248

;) Enjoy to all

Attachments

• bitrate_addresses.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Ok Dear Fried,

Can you please implement all the following Bitrates and Resolutions from the following attached txt file into the 1.2.10 fw for version 22, version 22L and version 23:
You have all this in your Firmware but you only can use the resolutions you have in the App. All The other resolutions in the bitrate txt file you can set via script. Ok you can change the bitrates for all this resolutions permanently in FW and also set via Script but not set other resolutions not supported in App.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Dear Fried,

Can you please implement all the following Bitrates and Resolutions from the following attached txt file into the 1.2.10 fw for version 22, version 22L and version 23.

Actually I did the .ash script and I've managed to put the speed up to the amazing 50 Mbps for 1080p60FPS:

#set bitrate 1920x1080 60fps 50Mbps
writew 0xC05C3046 0x4248

;) Enjoy to all
via firmware I'm able to set every bitrate as you wish, but to use it you need to implement via script as already said by gente... for any request use the other thread... thanks ...

Hey guys here's beta 1.5.0 firmware, if you are interested please test it out and report problems. Meanwhile I got an offer from Xiaomi Yi company, work place is the HQ Shanghai, charge for forums and part social media job, but I'm hesitating right now since I'm in Beijing with my girlfriend and my current job is not bad at all. If you guys can suggest some?

Files uploaded, please when testing just download the one that matches your cam, dont need to try two.
https://mega.nz/#F!tt1gCA5I!coU_H-Rk66vrQ6ZjbrR2pA

The newest firmware optimises:

1.完善延时摄影功能,修正帧率异常等问题。(Optimsed timelapse function, fixed frame abnormal problem)
2.调整2K分辨率码率,提高至15M。
(adjust 2K definition code rate to 15M)
3.优化设备功耗,提高续航时间。
(optimised device consumption, the battery last longer)
4.配合apps实现文件分组显示功能。
(dont really understand lol)

Join our inner test group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/838989242858914/

i looked via AFT to beta of 1.2.11, the bitrate table looks to be the same as in the 1.2.10 version. Also in line 6 to 8 who stands for 2304/1296 30 fps high/medium/low (18/15/12).
To enable higher bitrate you again have to change in FW or by script.
Why 1.5.0?

I have this script.

Can you help me to edit for have 3 autoexec: 1 with 40mbps, another with 45mbps and the third with 50mbps.

#YiMAX-movie script by nutsey for 1.2.10 firmware - FullHD 60p
#This script is for video mode!
t ia2 -adj ev 10 0 60 0 0 140 0
#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma level
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#enable 1080p60@35Mbps video
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x03
writew 0xC05C3046 0x420C
#enable raw+jpeg stills