Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera focus issue (hot glue)

I am going to purchase one once Xiaomi has fixed this focus problem (hopefully).

just got mine from banggood, its the version Z23A,

i dont think i have the focus problem.
or at least i dont see it, maybe i have to test it a bit more

I had to rotate mine about 2mm clockwise to get the best focus, which I used about 200 ft. out as a focal point.

For removing the hot glue, I simple used a magnifying glass in the sunlight coming through a window on each of the 3 spots to soften them up and then scrap loose with a small flat head screwdriver. I focused the magnifying glass on the glue spots until they started to barely smoke. Be careful where you aim the glass. I then broke it loose with a medium strength turn.

ordered mine from banggood last week, got it today.
and its the first version / Z221. Thoug it already has the battery fix.

But It did have the focus and microphone issues.

just got mine from banggood, its the version Z23A,

i dont think i have the focus problem.
or at least i dont see it, maybe i have to test it a bit more

ordered mine from banggood last week, got it today.
and its the first version / Z221. Thoug it already has the battery fix.

But It did have the focus and microphone issues.

I have same version from banggood. What did you do with the mic. Removed the dust cap or cut the rubber thingy bigger?

I replaced the tape piece with some old microphone foam i had around.

Though its ended up being to wind sensetive. Im considdering removing it alltogether, and just glue the foam ontop of the camera instead.
It wont be as pretty, but should give superior audio and filter away quite a bit of the wind noise.

"profi" solution for microphone wind protection is called "deadcat". Google for it ;)

I got a 23S recently and don't notice a bad focus issue, does anyone have still shots from an out of focus Yi for comparison?

i have 23l and i have focus problem, have somebody trying to fix it ?

I did refocus my 23L as in the "tutorials". I just used hairdryer to soften the factory glue, then secured it with a new hot glue.

23l has got a teeth around a lens, its not disturb to rotate?

I use a hairdresser and its rotate too, great thanks for hope : D

Last edited:
I had no problem with rotating the lens.

Back