Xiaomi Yi videos on GoPro Studio?

JoaoFerreira

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi! Im trying to use the Xiaomi Yi videos in GoPro studio but without sucess.
I already saw some slowmotion videos edited using the go pro studio, so it must be possible.
Anyone already used the gopro studio?

you normally need to import and convert first, then you can edit, haven't used it in a while but have used it with files from a number of other cameras

jokiin is right. First you need to convert the movie then edit. But there are so many better free editors (iMovie if you are on mac for instance). The problem with GoPro Studio (imo) is that it uses a weird codec called CFHD that even VLC doesn't recognise

i got no problem using gopro studio with YI clips.
the codec used is cineform wish isnt a bad idea at all as it allows u to have more control of the image.
what i personaly do is convert the YI clips using gopro studio (to get cineform clips) then import those clips in another editor where i have better control.
but that takes lot of disc space

Thanks for the answers.
In my PC always give stop workign when I click to convert the file. I can import but not convert, if anyone have this problem please help

[SOLVED]
Well, for the ones having troubles wiht the lasteste version fo GoPro Studio on Windows 8.1 isnt your PC fault, its the aplication version. To work instal the version 2.5.0 , you need to search on google to find it. But it will work without problems

I already saw some slowmotion videos edited using the go pro studio, so it must be possible.
got a solution link:

got a solution

Back