Xiaomi YI vs SJCAM SJ4000 WiFi!

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
I wanted to create a topic where we can discuss about differences and pros and cons of Xiaomi YI and SJ4000 by SJCAM.

More and more people are in doubt on which one to chose. I wrote, what I believe is good article (maybe some of you can chime in with more info which I will be happy to add).

LINK http://sjcamguides.com/xiaomi-yi-vs-sjcam-sj4000/

In this article, I have put some DropBox links where you can download ,original uncompressed footage and images and compare them side by side.

I also created a video, for people who do not like to read that much. :) Both video and article make each other more complete.

Now, for those of you who have both or just one of these cameras, feel free to share your HONEST opinion and experience.

For those who are in doubt which one to get, feel free to ask any questions in this topic, me and many others who have both cameras, I am sure will be happy to help you figure out which one is better for your own needs.

Finally, no matter which action cam you end up buying, I can assure you both are great value for the money. Feel free to post questions, comments, your own comparioson vidoes, etc. Lets have a nice topic where the only goal is to share information and help others.

Topic is only for SJ4000 vs Xiaomi YI, please do not post anything unrelated to these two cameras.

Happy recording guys! Bring it on. As you can see by my flag, I am not a native English speaker, so please understand I do make mistakes in grammar sometimes.

I'm pretty sure your xiaomi has unfixed sharpness. About review - for me decision whether to buy action cam is like 80% video quality, and the rest are: battery life and changing, look and wifi.
Preview screen completely doesn't matter to me since it's wide lens and you know what you're aiming at ;) so you'll grab that on video anyway.
For me, as previous Mobius lover this cam beats both mobius and sjcam (especially the latter one) in picture quality and in the way it handles sun/shade/darkness.
One of better reviews, comparing xiami with GPH4 silver and budget GPH (arround 100 gbp).

I know it has that problem, but so does any other camera. I review camera the way they are. I might fix it manually, but for now I do not want to do it. There are many people who are not skilled enough to fix sharpness manually and its Xiaomi mistake, they should get harsh critics for lame quality control.
Thanks for sharing your opinion and nice video indeed.

I really enjoyed this review @Pavle. I thought it was very thorough and well balanced. I especially like that you give the viewer plenty of time to have a good look at the footage without feeling the need to talk over the video. Most reviewers don't do that.
On the whole it was pretty informative as well as entertaining.

The next time we'll need to hear some singing, however. There is no way to adequately judge the audio quality of an action camera unless we get to hear the reviewer singing. :D

Last edited:
Haha, thanks a lot @Dashmellow it means a lot, especially coming from a reputable community member like you :)
There is still plenty of room for improvement in my videos/reviews but I am sure singing will not help me much :D Actually I tried singing but Xiaomi YI started the infinite beep :p

I think ALL camera reviewers should be required to sing the national anthem of their respective countries to test the audio! :D

Somebody tell Techmoan right away!

Back