Xiaoyi Yi 2 4k vs. SJCAM SJ7 Star - Footage comparison

TonyCams

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Hi guys,

We took some footage of the Yi2 4k and the prototype SJCAM SJ7 Star. Please let us know what you think :)

SJ7 Star

Xiaoyi 2

We will shoot more footage as we were holding three cameras in our hands and the SJ7 card got full before we could finish.

It seems to me the Yi 4K tends to warmer colors (like the Yi) than SJCAM (which is probably even too cold). Were the two videos graded in post-editing?

I find the Yi 4k a bit too warm for my taste while the SJCam SJ7 a little bit on the cold side. Maybe it's just me but the SJ7 seemed a bit sharper compared to the Yi 4k.

Hi guys,

We took some footage of the Yi2 4k and the prototype SJCAM SJ7 Star. Please let us know what you think :)

SJ7 Star

Xiaoyi 2

We will shoot more footage as we were holding three cameras in our hands and the SJ7 card got full before we could finish.
I can see walking motion ,but what about the slight jittery nature of the recording?

it's a shame, the yi 4k cost much because of the expensive hardware but let down by processing colors and software

it's a shame, the yi 4k cost much because of the expensive hardware but let down by processing colors and software

Both of which can be addressed through firmware updates if the manufacturer chooses to do so. :)

You tube videos are not nearly adequate for comparison because of data compression?

There appears to be coupon codes that save $ 50.00 dollars off the new Yi 4k if anyone is interested . I was surfing the web to elProducente.

You tube videos are not nearly adequate for comparison because of data compression?
so they say, I just assume both cameras are 'equally' compressed instead of randomly compressed

Here is another comparison video between Yi 4K and SJ7 Star:

Back