Xiaoyi YI Mirror Dash Cam

yuanlee

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi Guys, anyone here can help me to flash Yi mirror dash cam to international language or EN language.
My friend just bought me this Yi mirror dash cam from China and its on CN language - the options to change the language is not clickable meaning it can't be change the language.

Thank You in advance

Well, actually there is not much setting that need to change. You can google translate (using the camera with the google translate app) or just ask any setting question here.

Even still, it would be good to know if it can be done, like with the other dash cam tutorial to change the firmware files. if someone could try it and let us know that would be awesome. I just installed one of these cameras into my car and it all works well. I use the app on my phone in English to change settings, and google translate camera to see what it's saying on the screen. BUT if it was possible to upload the EN firmware to the device I would do it.

Oh and one more problem for me, I am in a right hand drive country and I’ve just discovered the reason I thought that the screen wasn’t bright enough... it is designed to be clearly visible from only the left side... the further to the right angle you view it from, the darker the screen gets! Bad bad bad

Did you try to adjust the brightness setting to high in the setting screen? I don't think there is any difference of left or right. The screen is located at the central position, right?

Yes I have it on brightest setting.
If you have one of these mirror dash cams, please be my guest and see for yourself that the screen is actually much clearer and brighter when you move your head over to the left side of it, as if you are sitting on the left. Or if that’s where you are always, try sitting in the right hand side seat and see how much different it is. It’s a huge difference.

Yes I have it on brightest setting.
If you have one of these mirror dash cams, please be my guest and see for yourself that the screen is actually much clearer and brighter when you move your head over to the left side of it, as if you are sitting on the left. Or if that’s where you are always, try sitting in the right hand side seat and see how much different it is. It’s a huge difference.

sit in the passenger seat and adjust it as you would if you drove on the left and see if it still has a big difference to what you see, if you get the same effect then it's a poor quality display, if it looks good when used that way then they've intentionally used a display that has a viewing angle bias on the left side so that it is reduced for the passenger on the right, logical thing for them to do since the product was made for the left hand drive market, whichever it is it won't fix things for right hand drive use though

Actually there is no need to turn on the screen during the recording but only for changing settings purpose. I just let it automatically on for a few seconds then off during the start up to make sure it's functioning. Also You can use their mobile app for real time aiming and video.

Actually there is no need to turn on the screen during the recording but only for changing settings purpose. I just let it automatically on for a few seconds then off during the start up to make sure it's functioning. Also You can use their mobile app for real time aiming and video.
if it's only for recording it's not a big issue as the amount of time you need to see the display is negligible anyway, if it is used as a reverse camera monitor (does it have that function? ) that would be a different story

Yeah I have done all the viewing from different angles before posting here about the subject. What I have stated previously is very clear about what happens.
I use it as the reversing camera, that’s when I became most annoyed that the screen seemed too dim. But my wife, sitting in the passenger seat (left hand side of the car) said it seemed bright enough... which lead to the discovery that the screen is designed to be dimmed when viewed from the right hand side.

I was hoping to hear from someone with the international version which has English in its settings whether they can say the same thing happens on theirs.

Yeah I have done all the viewing from different angles before posting here about the subject. What I have stated previously is very clear about what happens.
I use it as the reversing camera, that’s when I became most annoyed that the screen seemed too dim. But my wife, sitting in the passenger seat (left hand side of the car) said it seemed bright enough... which lead to the discovery that the screen is designed to be dimmed when viewed from the right hand side.

I was hoping to hear from someone with the international version which has English in its settings whether they can say the same thing happens on theirs.

it's a left hand drive market product, if they did a right hand drive version the camera would be on the other side

Why the rear camera shows the car number upside down,
how to fix this problem??

Attachments

• Opera Anlık Görüntü_2019-01-24_235143_www.teknostore.com.png
    Opera Anlık Görüntü_2019-01-24_235143_www.teknostore.com.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
  • _20190125_184354.JPG
    _20190125_184354.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20190124-180722.png
    Screenshot_20190124-180722.png
    997.8 KB · Views: 11
No reverse camera function

No settings in Camera menu

the rear camera is in reverse camera mode, if there's no setting or option to change that then there's nothing you can do

Maybe there is a setting in the service menu

Maybe the update corrects this problem,

i need to ask xiaomi company ,

but I can not get them from Turkey

Is someone able to change it to English or International version?

I checked mine one and it's no language setting menu. Well, can try to use your smartphone with Google Translate app. Then open the camera on the app to translate real time. What I guess is many people got the Simplify Chinese language version directly from Chinese seller.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
martin131 Yi Technology Other 12