Yaoshun China dashcam man - anybody know them

Bjorn O. Bakka

Reaction score
Country
Norway
I see that Yaoshun China http://www.yaoshunchina.com/index.html has some interesting dashcams and I thought I will try to buy directly from them. Either the slim or the wifi model. I do not see their camera listed here -and I would like to know if anybody has been in contact with them - good or bad?

I have never herd of the company but the LR-T650 they sell looks like a G1W and their LR-GS1000 a GS1000

yaoshunchina address looks more like a factory.

my bad, i think you're right. originally i thought may be they are part of a bigger group of companies.

address is, another company listed at the same address doing different product also and everything they list is just public model product

haha, jokiin must be competitor of yaoshunchina.com :)
My Chinese friend and I visited this factory of that address last December.

It is a good factory with different business, mainly on MID and dvr. and my friend was told that the 3rd business of their group is PCBA clon.
And some photos of this factory were took by my friend.

They all look pretty junky to me...and the specs don't impress (if they are even true). Ah, the lure of a low price...and then people complain when it doesn't work, no support, poor video quality etc., etc...

It's all just public model product being assembled, there's over 300 factories doing the same in this area

It's all just public model product being assembled, there's over 300 factories doing the same in this area
By public model jokiin, do you mean no name brand? As in not patented or trademarked? That would be something to steer clear from, I would suggest, unless one is willing to write it off if something goes wrong. Just out of curiosity, jokiin, do you find it a challenge to protect your brand in China from knock offs, etc.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Public models are ones that anyone can buy and assemble and there are often multiple vendors as well, eg the G1W is one of the more popular public models right now, there are 6 different versions that I'm aware of (maybe more), the upside is it makes the product very cheap, the downside is support is a nightmare, forget about things like firmware updates as it's too hard to know where the product originated from

Our product is not appealing I would think for these suppliers that produce the knockoffs as it's too complex, there are easier targets around that would get their interest first I suspect

Public models are ones that anyone can buy and assemble and there are often multiple vendors as well, eg the G1W is one of the more popular public models right now, there are 6 different versions that I'm aware of (maybe more), the upside is it makes the product very cheap, the downside is support is a nightmare, forget about things like firmware updates as it's too hard to know where the product originated from

Our product is not appealing I would think for these suppliers that produce the knockoffs as it's too complex, there are easier targets around that would get their interest first I suspect

What is public mould? It’s a kind of public manufacturing mould, that’s to say makers adopt the same housing case to manufacture the same kind product, some even use same plastic module, circuit. Public mould is inevitable outcome of product industrialization as well as symbol of mature product and successful market. The most obvious feature of all public mould products is they look the same.

Why is public mould popular with companies? Thanks to public mould, a lot of small and medium-sized companies can make product by low cost, which provides customer lower price. And furthermore, public mould is a fast way to bring brands into the market.For buyers, it is a good choice to buy same specification product at low price.

Many people think public mould products have poor quality, but actually we can’t say like that. On the contrary, public mould products trend to be stable and cost-effective because their technologies have been quite mature. Public mould on the one hand helps to popularize products widely, on the other hand it can give users mature product experience. Of course, there is some small and venal makers use low quality parts and circuit to make much lower price products. Good or bad quality of products depends on how importance makers attach to public mould products.

In fact, makers pay more attention to product differentiation, so they will upgrade public mould products on the basis of having solid technology, which helps enterprises save time and money.

The larger problem with public model product is it's not possible to tell a good one from a bad one
The old "never judge a book by its cover"

Back