Yet another 0805 problem

ridgebacks

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, I brought 2x 0805 off gearbest July last year. And now one of it is start having problem since 6 days ago. The problem is that when I connect the cam to a power source (either using the usb connector in the GPS base or the connector in the cam itself), it will plays that start up jingle like usual, but the screen doesn't turn on, nor would it recording, and the light stay solid blue. If I hold the power button for 10 seconds, it seems to "turn off" as giving me a red light. If I press the power button again when the light is red, it turns back to blue and play that start up jingle like I just turn it on normally, but only the screen doesn't turn on.

I've tried formatting the SD card, disconnect the usb charge and let the battery drain out to reset(without a SD card inside), holding down the power button for 2 mins, etc. and nothing seems to work. Is this a hardware related problem? If so, where can I ask for a RMA?

The other cam in my other car doesn't have any problem whatsoever thou.

Does the blue light is flashing or not pls?
If blue light is flashing means 805 is recording, if so, maybe the screen have problem?
you can contact gearbest for a RMA, you buy it from them.

Does the blue light is flashing or not pls?
If blue light is flashing means 805 is recording, if so, maybe the screen have problem?
you can contact gearbest for a RMA, you buy it from them.

The blue light is solid without flashing. And it's not recording because the files in the SD card suggests it hasn't been recording anything since 6 days ago(I use the car every day).

Yes. I've tried with 2 different SD cards, and no SD cards, the results are the same, screen stay blank with a solid blue light and no recording.

Using usb cable for power supply. I've tried connected it to normal power outlet on the wall, connected it to my PC, etc.

With the screen blank, it takes at least 20+ mins for the cam to run out of power (blue light gone). But when it was working normally, the battery would run out in 1 mins after I killed my car's engine.

if it only goes for 1 min when recording the battery is on the way out, once the battery starts to go they get a bit flaky

No, I mean, when I first got the cam, it will auto shutdown in 1mins after the engine is killed (while working flawlessly).

The problem I have now is that the thing will ONLY play the start up jingle when turned on, then the screen stay blank with a solid blue light, and not recording a thing. I can't even get to see the menu. The only thing I can do is hold down the power button for 10 seconds and turn it off. This has NOTHING to do with its battery.

The fixes that I've attempted so far including: format SD card, use another type of SD card, no SD card, holding down the power button for 2 mins, letting the battery run out and reset the system. None of those methods seems to fix it.

No, I mean, when I first got the cam, it will auto shutdown in 1mins after the engine is killed (while working flawlessly).

yeah that's the auto power off timing value

how long would it run for on battery last time you checked?

No idea. I had it in my car ever since I got it.

I saw it few times. Every time I have this problem, I put it in the conner, and wait until end of month to return. But after about 2 or 3 weeks, It work nomal again. No ideal why it come back ? I guess maybe because of power source.
if you buy from july last year, means warranty is over. let's do like I do. Put it aside and wait until few weeks.....maybe it will come back :)

I saw it few times. Every time I have this problem, I put it in the conner, and wait until end of month to return. But after about 2 or 3 weeks, It work nomal again. No ideal why it come back ? I guess maybe because of power source.
if you buy from july last year, means warranty is over. let's do like I do. Put it aside and wait until few weeks.....maybe it will come back :)
Do you connect it to a power source when you wait?

Do you connect it to a power source when you wait?
No, i don't. To now, i still don't understand why and how ? about 100 pcs i sold, only return 1. But I have about 20% - 25% pcs has problem and get complain from customers. But in final, it's all ok. After I change car charger, everything seems fine. :)

No, i don't. To now, i still don't understand why and how ? about 100 pcs i sold, only return 1. But I have about 20% - 25% pcs has problem and get complain from customers. But in final, it's all ok. After I change car charger, everything seems fine. :)
Hi, I understand that you are a seller of these dashcams, so would like to ask you a few questions if allowed.

I'm currently pondering between the Mini 0805 or the G90C/G98C as gps is not important to me. Which one of both types would be the best decision quality wise. Price, size or design are not a factor, but I assume you know the return rates of both types and that is the main decision point for me.

I'm gonna have it permanently connected to car charger. When the battery gives up, does that mean the camera also will not function anymore, even when connected to car charger?

Hi, I understand that you are a seller of these dashcams, so would like to ask you a few questions if allowed.

I'm currently pondering between the Mini 0805 or the G90C/G98C as gps is not important to me. Which one of both types would be the best decision quality wise. Price, size or design are not a factor, but I assume you know the return rates of both types and that is the main decision point for me.

I'm gonna have it permanently connected to car charger. When the battery gives up, does that mean the camera also will not function anymore, even when connected to car charger?
I sell mini 0805 and G90C. They all have a same problem in car charger and the ratio of return. I suggest you choice another dashcam with capacitor.

I sell mini 0805 and G90C. They all have a same problem in car charger and the ratio of return. I suggest you choice another dashcam with capacitor.
You have any suggestion for such a cam, because difficult to search if don't know where to start. I'm looking for something in the same price range as the Dome.

To add to my earlier post. Could the problem with the car charger by solved with capacitors. Since my cam will connect to the power that goes to my rear view mirror, and will be above the car ceiling, I would assume that there is some extra space there to add such a capacitor pcb.

To add to my earlier post. Could the problem with the car charger by solved with capacitors. Since my cam will connect to the power that goes to my rear view mirror, and will be above the car ceiling, I would assume that there is some extra space there to add such a capacitor pcb.
yes, in my experience. it can solve by capacitor.
If you want something under 100$, very reliable, good image quality, then you can consider mobius 1 with capacitor version. You can read more about it in here.

Back