Yet another 0805 problem

I saw it few times. Every time I have this problem, I put it in the conner, and wait until end of month to return. But after about 2 or 3 weeks, It work nomal again. No ideal why it come back ? I guess maybe because of power source.
if you buy from july last year, means warranty is over. let's do like I do. Put it aside and wait until few weeks.....maybe it will come back :)

+1 Let it sit for sometime, it'll come back to life.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 Eye using Tapatalk

yes, in my experience. it can solve by capacitor.
If you want something under 100$, very reliable, good image quality, then you can consider mobius 1 with capacitor version. You can read more about it in here.

Thanks looks indeed like a reliable camera, but the way i understand it does only have 100° angle. Isn't that a bit narrow? I live in Thailand, and here the bikes and cars literally come from everywhere but the sky, :) so I think a wider angle would be preferable.

Any more suggestions are still welcome

Thanks looks indeed like a reliable camera, but the way i understand it does only have 100° angle. Isn't that a bit narrow? I live in Thailand, and here the bikes and cars literally come from everywhere but the sky, :) so I think a wider angle would be preferable.

Any more suggestions are still welcome
no, len C2 is: 132°. Large enough to be a good dashcam and still do not have fisheye effect.

no, len C2 is: 132°. Large enough to be a good dashcam and still do not have fisheye effect.
Yes, from the Mobius 1 link you posted I can see that there are several lenses available, but it says standard A1 lens 86°

Then when I go to the recommended ebay sellers, they don't make any mention about which lens is fitted, and there is also no option to purchase other lenses.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/151071891306
https://www.ebay.com/itm/221259368601
So it looks like guessing which lens they fit.

Edit to add : I now see the available lenses, so initially there is no lens fitted, and everything has to be ordered as an option.

Edit 2 : Those lenses in the listing are not for mobius camera, so the lens is still a mystery for me.

Last edited:
As of now you only get the standard A lens and the C2.

Standard A lens

C2

But which lens is fitted, or where to get the lenses, because as I see it no lens is fitted in those Ebay listings.

Thanks I was too fast with my reply, I should have clicked on the links in your psot.

The lens obviously comes fitted.

Click on the links posted, one is with the A lens fitted and the other with the C2.

Edit:

You do NOT need to buy lenses separately. They are user replaceable, hence available separately too.

For the past few hours I've been watching multiple youtubes from Mini 0806 and 0826, Viofo A119 and A118C which were suggested to me in another thread and the Dome GS98C.

My opinion is that the Dome GS98C by far has the best picture, and that the Mini's and Viofo's have a quite noticeable fish bowl effect, especially at night.

Am I alone in that opinion?

For the past few hours I've been watching multiple youtubes ...

The only way to realistically compare the video quality of two Dashcams is to watch comparison video shot at the same time in the same vehicle. Preferably original video downloaded from Mega or similar sites. Watching compressed YouTube videos shot at different times in different vehicles is largely, imo, a waste of time that may lead to an incorrect purchase decision.

Of the cameras listed above, I would choose A119, though there's a few others not listed that deserve consideration, Thinkware F50, DDPai Mini 2, etc.

For the past few hours I've been watching multiple youtubes from Mini 0806 and 0826, Viofo A119 and A118C which were suggested to me in another thread and the Dome GS98C.

My opinion is that the Dome GS98C by far has the best picture, and that the Mini's and Viofo's have a quite noticeable fish bowl effect, especially at night.

Am I alone in that opinion?
They are all the same chipset and sensor but diffirent FOV lens. And as i see: mini 0806 has a better image quality because of narrow FOV. Yes, the less FOV a dashcam has, the more you can see detail and sharpness picture are. So: I like the picture of mini 0806 more. But mini 0806 is not reliable so i only sell mini 0805. Even mini 0805 has better sharpness than G90.
So: mini 0806 > mini 0826 > mini 0805 > mobius > G90.
in G90 and GS98C, they use a Dewarp Function technial. It can reduce the fisheye effect but side effect: the image quality is reduce too. Everything has its cost.
dewarp3.png

dewarp11.png

They are all the same chipset and sensor but diffirent FOV lens. And as i see: mini 0806 has a better image quality because of narrow FOV. Yes, the less FOV a dashcam has, the more you can see detail and sharpness picture are. So: I like the picture of mini 0806 more. But mini 0806 is not reliable so i only sell mini 0805. Even mini 0805 has better sharpness than G90.
So: mini 0806 > mini 0826 > mini 0805 > mobius > G90.
in G90 and GS98C, they use a Dewarp Function technial. It can reduce the fisheye effect but side effect: the image quality is reduce too. Everything has its cost.
dewarp3.png

dewarp11.png
I've read about the unreliability of the 0806, and currently the 0826 can be had cheaper, but not sure if any improvements have been made over the former model.

In my view the G90 had a pretty sharp picture, but then I'm just new on the scene and maybe concentrate on the wrong aspects of the picture.

Another question regarding the G90 or G98. I live in a tropical climate and read posts about the Mini's deforming in the Australian sun.

The G98 has a metal frame, and is reported to get very hot from the sun, while the G90 with plastic frame runs much cooler.

Which one will have the highest risk, and are there actually any reports of this happening with the G series, of deforming in very hot climate?

The battery is a bigger liability than the housing material in our climate

I'm aware of that, and that's also why I opened a thread in the capacitor forum, to know if it is possible to replace the battery with a capacitor or at least add one to it.

When going that way, I think the odds to hide the pcb inside the cam are better with the G series than with Mini or Viofo

to know if it is possible to replace the battery with a capacitor or at least add one to it.

for most models unless there is an equivalent model that is capacitor based that you can use the firmware from then generally the answer is no

Well, after 2 month, i've set the cam aside, let its battery run totally dry, then plug it to my phone charger for one night. The cam still doesn't turn on, or to be more specific, the screen stay blank, while the system plays the shut down jingle right after I connect the power cable, with only the blue light stay solid on.

Guess it's totally busted, might open it up and see what's what next weekend.

Hello so you ended up returning the camera or you solved in some other way?

Hello so you ended up returning the camera or you solved in some other way?

Can't return it because it's over 18 month since the original purchase date. And I think the problem is in the hardware I pretty much just have to buy something else.

Back