Yet another what to buy post :)

kirrik

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

After an accident and a few close calls (and also some youtube compilation vids) my family has decided to outfit our vehicles with dash cams. At this point we're looking to get front and back cams for each vehicle. We tried out a GF6000L purchased locally (Canada Computers) and it fit our needs except that we couldn't figure out how to get it to save settings when power was shut off. The guy that I took it back to says it's specifically for cars with live sockets even after the key is out of the car. Honestly that didn't make any sense to me and why we're choosing to go with an online vendor this time.

So far we've narrowed down our needs to the following:

- Low-ish cost since we're buying multiple cameras and don't want to spend a huge amount.
- Reasonable (ie, not poor) night videos.
- It should be able to save settings / date and time for 2 to 3 days minimum if the vehicles are not driven.

From the many reviews read and watched, we came up with this list:

- Mobius
- G1W
- Mini 0803

We're leaning towards the Mobius due to the reasonable cost, easily replaceable battery, and small size. Would there be any advantages to picking the G1W over the Mobius other than a screen if this will be a set and forget situation?

Are there any good reasons to go with the 0803 instead of the other 2?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

The Mini 0803 would meet all of those needs and give you a quick disconnect mount plus great night video quality with the A7 chip.

Kelvin

Mobius would meet those requirements + offer proven reliablity, a huge support group, battery or capicitor options, two choices of lens (narrow or Wide), many mounting options including a lens extension and continuing improvements via firmware upgrades.

Best of all, there is zero worry of buying a clone or hoping you get the right components. Since the 0803 and the G1W are so copied, different sellers build with different components so you never know exactly what you will get. The Mobius authorized seller list ensures you get the real deal, no clones, no variations. Sold? :cool:

All kidding aside, its a reliable camera that works well and is versatile enough to never regret the purchase. If you decide you want more features, it makes a great rearview camera. I also like the size and how people look at it and don't know what it or thinks it's cheap.

I have a camera with a screen and hardly look at it. My Mobius is set and forget, no need to change settings. There are advantages to both and really personal preference.

I do like the continued support and minimal clones. I think I'll go with the mobius. Thanks very much!

Stick to that Authorized Seller List
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...help-requests-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/

You are advised to only buy your Mobius from a developer-verified source. The following web stores have been verified by the developer as selling the real Mobius camera, replacement parts and accessories with a commitment to customer satisfaction, both before and after a sale, if any problems are found when the hardware is put into service and not caused by user abuse, crash damage, etc. If parts are not listed on their sites, use their web site email contact link to request what you need. They will respond promptly with information of how to buy them. They all use direct PayPal payment. The China eBay sellers work directly with the developer and will usually have the lowest delivered prices. The other re-sellers may offer quicker delivery depending on your location.

Direct Sellers:

China: eletoponline365; digitalele889

Re-sellers:

China: Banggood; HobbyKing (Hong Kong)

U.S.: novotm (MA); Massive RC (FL); SPYTEC (NY); ReadyMadeRC (OH)

Europe:
Webbex (U.K.); JooVuu (U.K.); Mobius-Cam.com (NL); Revotech (CZ)

Prices can vary from one vendor to the other and depends on what is included in different accessory packages. The cost from the China eBay outlets will be nominally about $70 US with free shipping.

Non-verified sellers may be selling fake imitation cameras at seemingly bargain prices, and you should be wary of buying from them.

Yep, bought it from eletoponline365 directly from the link. We'll probably buy more as long as the first one shows up and works fine. Thanks for all the help!

Back