Yi 4K+ 60p

Wuzzy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am an ex-BBC cameraman and 3D and 4K camera user. I have recently been using the Yi 4K+ as a dashcam and am absolutely stunned at how good it is. Even out of the car in hand held mode it almost matches the quality of my 4K pro cam (apart from the lens being too wide angle. It has all the 'loop' and timelapse stuff you need and IMHO exceeds the new GoPro6 in actual picture definition and quality. I have upgraded to use a narrower angle of view lens which is giving my a more of what I would like to see field of view without distortion. The 60p framerate captures sharp video even at 70mph on the motorway, from which you can grab photo images of cars and number plates quite easily. The one I bought was on ebay listed at around £200 new, with waterproof case, lead and battery. The cam runs continuously when fed via the micro USB from an external battery of car cigarette socket USB adaptor. If you like wide angle, then the standard lens is great. It will take up to a 256GB micro sd and in that mode runs at highest resolution and framerate for 4 hours. STUNNING! I can put some links on Youtube if anyone is interested. Note, I drive a minibus which has a heated front windscreen, so you can see fine vertical lines, which are the thin wires in the glass screen of the bus. The simple cheap suction cup for the cam cost me £3.50 on ebay and holds it rock steady.

That's great.. I'm using the YI 2.7K Ultra Dash Cam as, um, a dash cam lol. And find the quality very good. I run mine at 1080p/60. Find it smoother than 2.7k/30.

Looking a pic of the YI 4K, it doesn't seem too much bigger than the Ultra 2.7k Dash Cam.
Definitely food for thought when I need to replace this one... Thanks.

Hi all, I am an ex-BBC cameraman and 3D and 4K camera user. I have recently been using the Yi 4K+ as a dashcam and am absolutely stunned at how good it is. Even out of the car in hand held mode it almost matches the quality of my 4K pro cam (apart from the lens being too wide angle. It has all the 'loop' and timelapse stuff you need and IMHO exceeds the new GoPro6 in actual picture definition and quality. I have upgraded to use a narrower angle of view lens which is giving my a more of what I would like to see field of view without distortion. The 60p framerate captures sharp video even at 70mph on the motorway, from which you can grab photo images of cars and number plates quite easily. The one I bought was on ebay listed at around £200 new, with waterproof case, lead and battery. The cam runs continuously when fed via the micro USB from an external battery of car cigarette socket USB adaptor. If you like wide angle, then the standard lens is great. It will take up to a 256GB micro sd and in that mode runs at highest resolution and framerate for 4 hours. STUNNING! I can put some links on Youtube if anyone is interested. Note, I drive a minibus which has a heated front windscreen, so you can see fine vertical lines, which are the thin wires in the glass screen of the bus. The simple cheap suction cup for the cam cost me £3.50 on ebay and holds it rock steady.
Which lens did you buy to upgrade the camera?

Back