Yi 4K blurry/jumpy image with EIS and slow card issue

PaulieAdams

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello,
I have 2 issues with my Yi 4K cam and I am wondering if anyone can give me ther opinion/had same experiences:

1. I have recomended card SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro® microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I Card - up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1 - SDSQXCG-064G-GN6MA
Everything seems to work normally I was recording quite a few videos trhought a day, short ones 1080/30fps, like 1 min video, 2 pictures and than turining off camera for 10-15 minutes and again. At some point I had "slow card" error and I couldn't do anything, not to turn it of or start recording. It happend 3 times, later during the day, after using camera couple of times but not to much. At the beginning I have no problem even with 4k. As you can see the card is good, the problem starts not from the beginning. Do you know what could be a problem? Did anyone had simmilar experience?

2. I found my footage getting jumpy and blurry with every step, when I am trying walk really smooth even. I know that it is just EIS, not optical or a gimbal but still, on many vidoes on the youtube image is way better. So I am just wondering if I have something wrong with my settings, this is way it is or maybe there is an issue with the camera. I am recording mostly 1080/30 fps.

- here is just a small test moving camera right and left, not even shaking it and the image is getting blurry straight away,

- here during the hike in a forest, every step, every move and it is getting blurry and I walk really slow

- on last 2 you can see the jumpy thing clearly, and I am just walking slowely on the straight surface

I record 1080/30 fps high quality, i have recomened card, original battery, lot of space and battery charge, newest firmware.

Hello,
I have 2 issues with my Yi 4K cam and I am wondering if anyone can give me ther opinion/had same experiences:

1. I have recomended card SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro® microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-I Card - up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1 - SDSQXCG-064G-GN6MA
Everything seems to work normally I was recording quite a few videos trhought a day, short ones 1080/30fps, like 1 min video, 2 pictures and than turining off camera for 10-15 minutes and again. At some point I had "slow card" error and I couldn't do anything, not to turn it of or start recording. It happend 3 times, later during the day, after using camera couple of times but not to much. At the beginning I have no problem even with 4k. As you can see the card is good, the problem starts not from the beginning. Do you know what could be a problem? Did anyone had simmilar experience?

2. I found my footage getting jumpy and blurry with every step, when I am trying walk really smooth even. I know that it is just EIS, not optical or a gimbal but still, on many vidoes on the youtube image is way better. So I am just wondering if I have something wrong with my settings, this is way it is or maybe there is an issue with the camera. I am recording mostly 1080/30 fps.

- here is just a small test moving camera right and left, not even shaking it and the image is getting blurry straight away,

- here during the hike in a forest, every step, every move and it is getting blurry and I walk really slow

- on last 2 you can see the jumpy thing clearly, and I am just walking slowely on the straight surface

I record 1080/30 fps high quality, i have recomened card, original battery, lot of space and battery charge, newest firmware.
Have you formatted the card in cam ? Does the 4k cam have the menu setting" optimize" for the card as the 4k+cam does? Download a freeware program called h2testw, select English and use it to check your card for blocks/errors.
I've found with my Yi 4k +, that the EIS really can't correct the "bounce" from walking!

Probably not as good as the new gopro, they seem to have found some secret sauce for that camera.

IMO i also prefer there is a little bounce in wanking / running footage, but of course only a little.
The dead steady camera that just seem to fly thru action are a bit "scary" to me, just as much as totally non stabilized action footage which are just a sickening blur some times depending on the kind of action.

Probably not as good as the new gopro, they seem to have found some secret sauce for that camera.

IMO i also prefer there is a little bounce in wanking / running footage, but of course only a little.
The dead steady camera that just seem to fly thru action are a bit "scary" to me, just as much as totally non stabilized action footage which are just a sickening blur some times depending on the kind of action.
According to gethypoxic.com who does teardowns of the gopros from 5 on and tells you what makes them"tick", the writer says that the difference between hero 6 and hero 7 is software and 2 gigs of RAM, instead of 1 gig for hero6! He also said that 250,000 digits for passwords in the WiFi makes the 7 very vulnerable to hacking in seconds by an experienced hacker!
And, yeah , I use a Feiyu tech g5 gimbal for hiking/walking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, Hero 7's hypersmooth will have noticeable "skipping" if the user pans even slowly, because the cam tries to grab the image!

Hi there,

I have almost the same problem. I tried some all settings, but no luck.
Even if I hold the cam very still and move it slightly to the right or left, the image trembles and flickers on the sides.
It doesn't matter whether with or without EIS. With EIS it is less but there.

I think there is an issue with my cam. Maybe something is broken with image stabilization.

Last edited:
Back