Yi 4k focus

Atoborn_14

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi guys,

Do you know if yi 4k has focus problem like Yi 2k ?
I received my yi 4k and footage are very beautiful, it's very sharp, but in infinite, it's not that sharp, maybe because of the distance i don't know.

Do you guys know something about that ?

Thanks !

I've been having focus issues with one of my YI 4K cameras. It's the one I installed a Pixaero lens on. When recording with distortion correction off and sharpness set to low, the focus at first is fine. But after 10 minutes, it drifts a little and becomes less focused. However, if sharpness is set to medium or high, the focus is fine and remains constant. This odd behavior doesn't seem to happen with the stock lens. Then again, I use distortion correction on the stock lens so that may have something to do with it.

I just want to update my previous comment (in case anyone is reading this lol). The issue may not be with focus but with sharpness. After continuous recording for over 10 minutes, video becomes less sharp after 10 minutes. Adjusting the sharpness does sharpen the overall video, but sharpness still does degrade over time. I've tried adjusting ISO, EV, and metering but so far nothing worked. I'll try turning on distortion correction just for the heck of it. The lens is rectilinear so the video will look warped but whatever. I'll see what happens.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Yi 4K Action Camera 0