[Yi 4k Plus] Scripting reversing thread

geecko

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi all, since few days I'm owner of a Yi 4k Plus, and I got interests into scripting like it's possible on previous models.

We can join our efforts to make this possible even on this new model.

As now:
- Camera page at 192.168.42.1
- Firmware.bin seems to be encrypted/without references to scripting as found in previous firmware models

I'll update this thread as I find more things, feel free to add your own findings.

Good afternoon.

I'm from Russia, I'm using Google translator. I apologize in advance.

I saw on github your work on bitrate hack on xiaomi yi 4k camera. Are there any developments on xiaomi yi 4k + camera? (4k60fps)

Thank you!

Is there any way to create dashcam (Car mode)? The firmware already has 'loop mode'. How do you create a script to turn camera on and start recording when it detect power to USB C port and turns off recording/turns off camera when that power stops(with or without delay)....Seems like an easy and obvious feature...

Leo_SF, well the loop recording is good. Any action camera today should have the ability to work
as a dashcam, with some limitations.

I guess you could change the firmware so that when the camera detects a external charge on the
USB port it could boot up the camera and start recording instead of providing a charge to the
battery. But if this requires additional hardware and functions I do not know.

But you still have to create your own circuit in the car so that when the car starts up it will start
to deliver that charge over the USB cable. There is hardware for this, ready to install you can buy
but the camera has to have these options for it to work.

With voice control on and the radio off, the voice control works well

Has anyone found a way to create a car mode for Yi plus?

Dennis yes I understand about the additional hardware. Currently the only limitation is the software/firmware.

Also yes, water is wet.

Has anyone found a way to create a car mode for Yi plus?

Dennis yes I understand about the additional hardware. Currently the only limitation is the software/firmware.

Also yes, water is wet.

Yeah I so with the Yi team would work more on the firmware, they seem to be way ahead of plenty of other
action cam producers, the SJ8 that is coming out eventually seems to have a lot of problems. My main issue
is why any manufacturer would not include some of the functions for dashcam use. After all it is all in the
firmware and should not be that hard to fix it.

It is beyond me why Gopro never included these functions, but who knows if they will survive any more, the
market is over saturated with manufacturers, not good for quality products even though Gopro was overpriced
at least they have one thing going for them. Solid hardware combined with solid reliable firmware.

As of now it looks like I will be getting the Yi+ but not right now. Firmware needs updating with more functions,
higher bitrate options etc. I wish they would pay more attention, if any, to the forums for tips and tricks.

jokiin, aha. Well that is a problem, but if you only did 1080p would it still overheat. For me it does look like
Blackvue is the brand for me. Not the one I want but seems to have good support and plenty of users plus active
users in the forums here.

jokiin, aha. Well that is a problem, but if you only did 1080p would it still overheat.

not sure

For me it does look like
Blackvue is the brand for me. Not the one I want but seems to have good support and plenty of users plus active
users in the forums here.

you might want to look at the 750, the 900 also has overheating issues

As someone has written previously a Gopro would be fodder for thieves!

In 4k/60 fps ,and high quality, the bitrate is 135 mbps, it seems adequate, for the Yi 4k+.

Back