Yi 4k video's images/sound "lagging"

DaveASP

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello there.
I recently purchased a new brand YI 4k and something is wrong with with video recording as it "lags" between the image of the video and then the sound, video goes slow motion for a few seconds it self, then speeds up to go normal, like it is was "lagging" like an online game... What's weird here is that sound keeps running normally like video would also be running on normal speed .. I've tested 2 modes so far, 4k 30FPS and 1080 60 FPS, both cases happens this. In the other hand if I run the thunmbal video (the shortest one cretaed) it's all ok expect the video quality...
Anyone experienced this and could give me an idea of what's going on? I don't want to send this back to China :(
Thanks in advance.

Yea I thought this "lag" could be a speed problem so after reading video direclty from camara then I cutted it into HD and still happening. I ran it via BS Player and then WMP.. There must be something Im missing, I guess it does not mean camara is damaged or something ..

Could be codec related, will also need a reasonable spec PC to be able to play these files

Well Im playing on my PC which has a quad core 3.2ghz and a radeon 5800HD but happens the same on my girlfriends PC, guess I need to try another player or download more codecs.. Do you think if i test putting on YouTube would make a difference?

Upload to YouTube is not a bad test actually, they will re-encode to something that most any pc will be able to handle, if the source file is good

I faced the same problem when playing video file, lagging video, slower speed than the actual.

But this problem solved when I edited the video using video editor.

if the files are correct after editing then they would have been correct before also, likely beyond what your computer could handle for playback though

Back