Yi 4k (Z16VxxL) custom firmware and more (UPDATE : 20/12/20 - Release 1.10.52 - Ethernet-over-USB)

@Leo_SF you could try the new firmware on the first post v1.0.
The instruction is on the github wiki.

The event callback (aka manager) need the wifi to be activated (AP or STA mode) and is not compatible with any remote app on smartphone.
The manager is running when the wifi icon change (wave on a rectangle).

Thanks, I got the 4K to work using this firmware rather than the Yi stock 1.10.9.

I am able to connect to my WP2 Access Point.

How can I get the IP Address of the 4K after I connect using DHCP.
Currently I have to look to the access point.

I could set up a static entry in the DHCP table, but I would like to use different access points.

Also How can I set the 4K to do a static IP address rather than DHCP
I do enable telnet and I can run the ifconfig command to change an IP address, but I still need to know the 4K address to do that.

I treid to put the ifconfig in the autoexec.ash script but the ifconfig runs before the WIFI is
setup. Should I put a 60 second delay in the autoexec???

It would be nice to set in the wifi.conf file.

Ideas??

To clarify, is this only for 4k not 4k+?

Yes @Leo_SF it is only 4k (Z16V13 to V18), I do not own a 4k+ thus do not want to mess the firmware.

If I find a 4k+ maybe or if some one as a dead one to send, I will try to revive it ;):cool:

@zenpire I am sorry, I have the same problem and I do not know any solution to this problem. The cam have a screen but for know, there is no workaround to print information other than the main one on it.
You could try a port scanner with a range of ip as you know the opened port.
Or use a static IP on the DHCP setting as you said.
For autoexec.ash, I had trouble with delay, the sleep command did not work, I found that an other command was messing the script. Do not forget a last carriage return at the end of the file. And take care of your command syntax, with one little mistake, the script do not run.

Hi guys. Is anyone still working on this project? I'm willing to offer payment as means of motivation if anyone can successfully increase the livestream bitrate limits which are in place.

Hi

I am always working on it.
But as I said, I need to dissassemble the RTOS and find what is needed but I have never done such a thing so I am going slower than I thought.

In the same time I tried to add VR capabilities to the firmware but the way I tried it did not work. So dissassemble the RTOS will help in both tasks.

Sorry for the delay ^^

Hi

I am always working on it.
But as I said, I need to dissassemble the RTOS and find what is needed but I have never done such a thing so I am going slower than I thought.

In the same time I tried to add VR capabilities to the firmware but the way I tried it did not work. So dissassemble the RTOS will help in both tasks.

Sorry for the delay ^^

There is nothing for which you need to apologize. You do not owe anyone anything. I appreciate your effort in this endeavor.

Yes, thanks for your reply. Your time is much appreciated.

Hi,

I am waiting for a feedback and I will share a new firmware with some little enhancements (bash scripts at boot, send command to RTOS at boot).
A feature : RSTP at boot in STA mode (could be use for VR in low resolution controled by computer ?)

But not what involves dissassemble for now, even if i am on the good way.

Dear all,

is there any solution / app / firmware that works with RTMP live streaming with higher bitrates (I need at least 4-6Mbps).

I found only this, but he wants 10k for APP...

We can crowd-fund to develop such an app for free ? :)

BR,
Norbert

Hi,

I am not dead, I always trying to understand assembly.
Maybe I am going to far for what I need but I would like to know how things work :p

@orbiq, it is one of my goal to rise bitrate for RTMP but I need to understand the RTOS.

Hi,

thank you for the effort bringing this cam in a home network. would be great to use an old tablet as output display.
i tried the firmware, but i couldnt connect to my AP. An Android mobile AP worked immediately. Seems to be an hardware
issue between my AP and the cam. First device i cant connect to the AP in years. so i tried to revert to stock firmware. Some
parts of the custom firmware settings stay in place like the sta mode. Had to reflash the custom firmware to enable ap mode.
RTOS logs written after all files deleted on the SD.

How can i revert the cam to stock firmware and settings?

Hollydays are good for the soul but not to answer to people :p

So, your cam should be on stock firmware if you updated with a sotck one.
BTW, you have to do a factory reset in your menu to get back to full stock settings.
Files created on your SDCard will not be affected by the reset, so if you have a sta.conf file (or wifi.conf file), you should erase it or change it to suit your needs.

Ok guys, I found it.
I have the table for the RTMP bitrate and the base value.
Link to a new thread about it and custom memory hacks to come.
RTMP bitrate

Ok guys, I found it.
I have the table for the RTMP bitrate and the base value.
Link to a new thread about it and custom memory hacks to come.
RTMP bitrate

Awesome! This is a great help for us livestreamers trying to use this camera as an alternative to the Hero7. Can you explain a little bit the multiplicator value, the default, and how to calculate settings off of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@reedog117, I wrote every thing on the linked post or on the issue you wrote on Irungentoo github.
BTW, I figure it out but I did not tested it now ^^;

Hi! Is there a way to tell the camera to record for a while then stop for a while then record again for a while and so forth? For example, tell the camera to record for 10 minutes then stop recording for a minute then record for another 10 minutes then stop again for a minute and so on?

@jcallows, for sure I just need to upload the beta firmware I made which can start a bash script at boot or an python script at event manager start.
After it is just a matter of bash or python scripting.

@jcallows, for sure I just need to upload the beta firmware I made which can start a bash script at boot or an python script at event manager start.
After it is just a matter of bash or python scripting.

Sounds promising! I'll wait for your beta firmware. Unfortunately I don't know how to write bash or python scripts. If you can point me to where I can find scripts I can modify to do the task that I want, that would be great. Thanks!

This is amazing & much appreciated.

Back