Yi 4k (Z16VxxL) custom firmware and more (UPDATE : 20/12/20 - Release 1.10.52 - Ethernet-over-USB)

Salut Damien,

Merci pour ta réponse, c'est sur que c'est plus simple en français :)

En attendant de tes nouvelles, je te souhaite une bonne fin de week-end !

Severin

Last edited:
To avoid personnal configuration trouble, I have began a private conversation.

See ya.

Hello and thanks for the yi firmware modding. You think it will be possibile to add the EIS Stabilization even in 4k 60 fps mode ?thank you.

Hey, I do not know.
I am sorry, yet I am far from Yi dev. I should return as I have lots of demands...
Added on my ToDo list ^^

Hi,
I'm using the awesome firmware 1.10.9 and I'm able to connect to my wifi (after several trials) so everything is working as it should. Thanks a lot!!!
Hopefully i'm not asking something stupid: Is it possible to control the camera when in station mode? let's say start and stop recording?
I'm going to try to increase the bitrate of the live to have 1920x1080 30P 16:9 @ 5Mbps but if anyone have a file done already with that set up and you are able to share I'll appreciated.

Hi psolyca,

im using your your Firmware on my Yi 4K and is working like a charm.
Im using your template for the wifi.conf with Ethernet enabled.
Now i wanted to connect the Yi 4K via USB to Ethernet. But im struggling how to do it.
I switched in the Camera USB to Smart CarDv.
Then i connect it via the USB Cable to my Laptop.
But it will show it only as a Connection Device (COM3 USB Serial Device).
On your Github Page there is dead link to special Driver.

Im Using Windows 10 2004 but i cant install any of the driver that will work to recognize the Device as a Network Device.

Can you help me pleas to fix it? I will use the 4 K for Streaming over Ethernet.

Thx in advance!

Greetings from Germany

Hey ^^

Ok the link is effectively dead.
I replace the link and uploaded the file in the release page.

BTW, I have a solution to avoid third party driver but the firmware is not ready yet.

If you can join my Discord, I could answer your questions if you have other trouble.
It is great to ear about someone else using the ethernet over USB. ^^

Hi,

this is indeed a very fast answer!!!

I cannot wait for your new release :)

Thx. I will try the new link.

Greeting Gernot

Hi everybody,
I need to connect my Yi4K to my pc so to use it via zoom/skype, if possible using usb cable or wifi, that's the same..
Could you kindly describe "step by step" what I have to do?
I have updated to your last firmware and now? What else?
Many thanks in advance.

P.S. I feel to be older to start learning phyton language. When I was younger I was Top with Basic and some C++ but now, just a little bit linux.. a little bit!!
Thanks again

Hey !

You do not need to know Python.
There is not a straight way to connect to Zoom or Skype.
You need to connect the cam to the PC, have a RTSP server up and running (nginx rtmp), connect the Live mode to this server, then use OBS to create a driver through a plugin (if I remember the last step).

If you can join the Discord server, you will find better answers there.

If the SSID is FAKE, it is a configuration file trouble usually.

First, as I see you are french, try to change your country code in your cam menu to "FR" OR add a line to your configuration file AP_COUNTRY=FR
Edit your wifi.conf file with notepad++ and change encoding to 'UTF-8 without BOM' and EOL Conversion to 'UNIX/OSX Format', in case.

BTW, when you create the empty files as I mention earlier, you have to boot twice to be able to have new log files.
I do not see any error message in your wifi.log file as it should be.
Hi you cant help me about wifi, camera is yi 4K Z16V13L, i cant conet my wifi camera on my cell phone, if i click camera is busy. Please
Its new camera but many problem

Please to not post 3 times, that does not help. Thanks.

Back