YI cam doesn't react

alessandro98

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi guys, suddenly my cam doesn't turn on, if i push the power button it doesn't blink. The red led of the power button turns on when I plug the cam to the charger. I ve watched a lot of tutorials, such as unbrick the cam but they don't work. When i try to do a hard factory reset by pushing the power bottom and the wifi bottom together, nothing happens. What else can i do? thanks

If you remove the battery and connect it to a power source, can you power it up?
Any recent drops or bumps or anything?

Do you have spare batteries?
Can you check the state of battery charge with a voltmeter?

Thank you for the answers
If i remove the battery and connect it to a power source it works. The battery are ok
It happened some days ago when i was swimming with my cam and when I went out of the water my cam didn't respond. I couldn't even turn it off, the red leds were on so i just pulled off the battery. But then no other signals from the cam, just the red light when i connect it to the charger.

Since you mentioned swimming with your Yi : Did you find water in the case? Is there any water in the battery compartment? If so:
I would remove the face plate and check for water inside.Find you tube video to show you the best way to open the Yi's face plate. The plastic can be fragile, and sometimes there are a few spots of glue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ve opened my cam

0a296798d110718eb10998f1468ad465.jpg
77048087e404d2f15825d0635becb847.jpg

It seems there was no water inside

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Maybe it has dried, there is no signal of water but it seems oxidized

It looks bad,but you can try having the face plate off, micro sd card out(check for corrosion) and battery out and battery door off, and place the cam body in a zip-loc bag with plenty of small dessicant dryer packs for a few days( with zip well sealed ) and try again to power up.
Also inspect the contacts in the battery compartment for corrosion.
Please let DCT members know if you have success.

It looks bad,but you can try having the face plate off, micro sd card out(check for corrosion) and battery out and battery door off, and place the cam body in a zip-loc bag with plenty of small dessicant dryer packs for a few days( with zip well sealed ) and try again to power up.
Also inspect the contacts in the battery compartment for corrosion.
Please let DCT members know if you have success.
Thanks you so much I will try

Ask YI customer service, professional staff's answer will help you

Jokiin: Perhaps a discount on a new cam?
I want to see if he can bring it back to use with the dry dessicant remedy!

or half empty, depends if you're an optimist or pessimist I guess :D
I wanted to ask if he went swimming without the waterproof case. It seems likely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys I lost my hope... Thanks for the suggestions by the way

Back