Yi Compact Dash Camera malfunction - Vertical and Horizontal Stripes or no Image

Elriba

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello. Last year I've bought my Yi Compact Dash Camera from Yi Online Store on Alliexpress.
After 6 months camera stoped working properly and on screen there were some strips, pink lines, black lines and some times no image at all.
Offcourse I send 10, 20, 30 e-mails to Alliexpress, Yi Online Store, Yi Support Center but all tha same - after one response in which they tell me stupid solution like turn on / off camera etc. absolute quiet.
My camera is still on warranty but they just won't send me any proper address so I can send it back to them for repair.... This is insane!
So I'm very pissed and looking for help on My own.

My Camera is YCS.1A17
FCC ID: 2AFIB-YCS1A17

I'm really thankful for any help from you !

Regards
Greg

Attachments

• Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 1.jpg
    Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 1.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 10
  • Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 3.jpg
    Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 3.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 4.jpg
    Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 4.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 5.jpg
    Yi Dash Cam Screen Shot 5.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 10
Thx Jokiin, do you maybe have some pictures of disassemble camera where I can see which one is Image sensor and which one is cable connector ? Maybe you have part number for image sensor ?

Regards
Gregory

I don't have sorry, can just see from your images which is the likely problem, more likely it's a sensor issue, not something you can fix yourself so no point opening it

Hello. At this moment camera is working. After opening and disassembling in to small parts i started testing procedure :D. First problem was with thermal pad on JL chip. It was to small and I dont think it was reaching well enough to this thin metal radiator / case that is above it. Second and main thing was cable conector - the one with many lines that is placed on the mainboard. I think that there was some problems with conection so i put some aditional isolation on it and when I put LCD back on place it tighter. Also I put some isolation under the place where is cable socket becouse when I put some more pressure on cable socet above the board was bending and some legs of electrical parts where touching to the metal.
After this my Camera is working again - I was shaking, dropping, hitting, squeezing it and it's still working.

So this is all at the moment however I have one question. I made some pictures during my adventure and inside my camera there is no Yi Chip. I've seen some movies about Yi Dash Camera and everytime inside there is chip like YI A12-60 etc.
But My camera has different chip JL AC1744AP15246-1A4, do I have a fake one ??

Thx All 4 your help !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 11
Back