Yi Dashcam App Missing Recordings?

eroji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got the Xiaoyi 2 Dashcam installed and connected to the Android app, however I noticed a few problems with the app and I'm wondering if it's just me. First of which, if you go to the live view mode in the app once connected to the dashcam over WiFi, it's unable to perform capture from that tab. It states that a new firmware is required but when it tries to retrieve the firmware, it fails. Second, when the dashcam has recorded some footage on the road, if I navigate to the Album > Roadmap tab, often it shows a blank tab or listing of clips that do not include the latest ones. If I go select all, I see a number of clips greater than what is shown on screen. For instance, I had a listing of 26 clips, but if I go select all, it was actually 46. So 20 clips were in storage but the app did not show them in the list. Lastly, the Store tab just goes to a broken page.

How do you determine that?

From Ali. It shipped from Switzerland but the packaging and UI is Chinese.

it's the China market version, the update won't work, there's a workaround someone has posted here to get the international firmware version on the camera

I'll see if I can dig it up. Thank you.

Back