Yi Dashcam, worth it?

chinh

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've skim each thread on here and I just can't tell...

is the quality with the price?

I'm asking because there is a sale on them now

$54.78 shipped from china (i assume it'll be international not USA)

I currently have a mirror 1080p dvr but would like to get another for my car, give current to my wife...

I see a lot of negatives, and youtube videos doesn't seem any more positive--
Do yall also disable the lane and crash avoidance too?

thanks

For the price of $70 (Amazon), I think it's worth it. It does seem to have one of the better video quality out there.

The problem that concerns most buyer is the focus and some heating issue.

The $54.78, I assume that it's the China version (Chinese menu and app)

The ADAS is a gimmick, and I doubt anyone actually seriously uses it, it's such a silly feature. $70 off Amazon is not worth it, better off spending an extra $10 and getting a Git1. $50 shipped from China isn't too bad, only reason I returned my Yi Dashcam was because the bitrate was just all over the place, so alot of the time it was just 1080p worth of garbage pixels. Probably fixable through firmware updates, but I have no patience to wait, and the over heating focus issues scared me off as well. When it works, the cam is great, but I'd wait until they announce a version 2, or some sort of fix addressing the current issues.

The Yi is worth it if you can get it for $50 price point. The image is acceptable for the most part, much better than any police dash cam in the US but not top of the line like Lukas or Thinkware. It does what its supposed to do but yass forget about the ADAS unless you like having someone whisper to you about something unimportant.

You can simple but it as a clock lol and the video would be icing on the cake!

Thanks for the reply everyone.

I'm a little annoyed about no suction cup mount but I went ahead and ordered one.

Wish me luck...

Thanks for posting $10 code too

Back