YI mini dash cam not recording, unless app is on

orenmi

Reaction score
Country
Israel
when I drive for a few days without checking the app, nothing is recorded/saved.
the cam itself shows recording icon, wifi, orange light is blinking, red light on.
when I open the app, videos starts to save.

I have sandisk ultra 64 GB card.
Tried also sandisk 32GB, same thing.

I dont get any error an I am able to format the cards and reset to factory settings, but nothing changes the issue I describe.

Any ideas?

does it have an internal battery? because once the power is out it shuts down immediately and then when I power it back the date is reset to default.
I think that is the main issue.

the internal power source of dashcams are just there to shut down the camera in a correct way in case of a major event, as you live down there you should not be looking at battery cameras but rather the more heat resistant capacitor based cameras.
The camera resetting to default time/date are probably due to the RTC battery, this is a small button style battery inside on the PCB, all it do is save the date/time if you don't power the camera the normal way.

The problem of your camera not saving footage, that sound strange to me, but if you are able to format the memory cards they should be fine, but you can check then using the H2testw program.
So when you have the phone connected the camera save to your memory card ? or to the phone ??

after lots of experiments, I think the issue is the battery, causing date reset.
because its reset each time, I keep saving videos under 01/01/2018.
when the app is connected, the correct date is set, and videos start to save in "today".

each time the power is out, the cam is immediately shuts down. its probably not as its intended to.
Even after leaving it plugged in for 3 hours. I guess the battery is not getting power.

dont think there is much we can do now..

after lots of experiments, I think the issue is the battery, causing date reset.
because its reset each time, I keep saving videos under 01/01/2018.
when the app is connected, the correct date is set, and videos start to save in "today".

each time the power is out, the cam is immediately shuts down. its probably not as its intended to.
Even after leaving it plugged in for 3 hours. I guess the battery is not getting power.

dont think there is much we can do now..
What can you say for us to fix this? I tried to ask for replacement tho

Back